Rock Hammer Hold

A private D&D Campaign for the LOD set in the Silver Marches of the Forgotten Realms.
 
HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 Underground - Eleasis 1st

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Number of posts : 953
Age : 50
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:07 pm

It would seem as though any element of surprise for either side has vanished. You are where you are, and the 'goblinoid' remains inside.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.forumotion.com
Wil

Wil

Number of posts : 241
Age : 41
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:53 pm

Roight. Down we go then, closing the door behind us. Kelser? would you mind leading?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Number of posts : 953
Age : 50
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:51 pm

Carefully and cautiously, the barbarian descends into the room with his greatclub drawn. You enter a small, clean chamber that has only two distinct features. A statue depicting an old man in robes holding an open book stands in the southeastern corner, just beyond a flat stone door in the south wall.

Kelser turns and shrugs his shoulders, then his eyes bug out and behind the barbarian you see a tall, rat-like humanoid dressed in black leather studded with iron leap from the shadows, a black cloak and long hair trailing behind. Its prominent fangs flash while he drives his rapier into the back of Kelser, who immediately goes to “yellow”.

Initiative

Round One


16 - Kregnok
7 – Garjuk
3 – Kelser
NA - Umberto
NA - Tatyl
NA - Althalus

I figures considering the room, no one else needed to be included in the initiative. If those of you in the back want to do something, just chime in whenever and do it.

Kregnok is up!

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.forumotion.com
Wil

Wil

Number of posts : 241
Age : 41
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:30 pm

Cure Light cast on Kelser.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Number of posts : 953
Age : 50
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:09 pm

The rat-like creatures lunges out at Kelser, just missing him with his rapier.

A refreshed Kelser takes a five-foot step to allow the dwarf into combat as he raises his greatclub up high to smash the rat-like creature. The barbarian delivers a glancing blow, but you immediately sense something is wrong. Kelser looks down at his weapons, “No effect? I need a greater club.”

Round Two

16 - Kregnok
7 – Garjuk
3 – Kelser
NA - Umberto
NA - Tatyl
NA - Althalus


Kregnok is up.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.forumotion.com
Wil

Wil

Number of posts : 241
Age : 41
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:49 am

Kregnok will cast Magic Weapon on Kelser, and take a 5' step into the room
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Number of posts : 953
Age : 50
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:53 pm

Kelser feels renewed confidence after the dwarf’s spell, and awaits an opening.

The rat-like creature feints a slash, causing Kelser to nearly stumble. Caught off guard, the rat-like creature drives his rapier into the chest of the barbarian who howls in pain (double damage plus sneak attack bonus), and is immediately dropped back down to “yellow”.

Kelser regains his composure and hefts in greatclub up high and lets it comes crashing down on the creature, dropping him down to “yellow” as well.

Round Three

16 - Kregnok
7 – Garjuk
3 – Kelser
NA - Umberto
NA - Tatyl
NA - Althalus


Kregnok is up.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.forumotion.com
Wil

Wil

Number of posts : 241
Age : 41
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:12 pm

Shield of Faith cast on Kelser.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Number of posts : 953
Age : 50
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:27 pm

Kelser grins with confidence now. The rat-like creature attempts the same feint, but Kelser doesn’t fall for it this time. He jabs at the barbarian, and just misses (thanks to Shield of Faith).

Kelser smashes the rat-like creature again with his greatclub, knocking him down to “orange”. He grimaces in pain and a worried look crosses his face. He drops his rapier and holds his hands up.

“Ok, ok, I give up! Enough already!”

Kelser looks around for some leadership on this dilemma.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.forumotion.com
Lou

Lou

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:21 pm

Umberto puts a reassuring hand on the barbarian's back and asks the creature, " WHo are you and who is running this operation. You can drop your rapier and goods and keep your hands where we can see them. If he makes a false move Kelser, smash him."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Number of posts : 953
Age : 50
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:10 pm

The rat-like creature looks down at his rapier he dropped a few seconds ago, and gets a quizzical look on his face, “Drop my rapier?” Should I pick it back up and drop it again? I don’t understand.”

Just kidding, seriously now…

“My name is Garjuk.” The rat-like creature closes his eyes for a few seconds in concentration and you are just about to say something when he morphs slightly, looking more hobgoblin than rat-like creature. The lycanthrope continues, “The two leaders are Xeron and Krootad – one’s a human sorcerer and the other’s a hobgoblin priest. The rest of the crew are – or were – varags, except for a half-elf woman, a human man, three hobgoblins, a little goblin, and a halfling mage. I wasn’t hired on till after the diggin’ was done. I turned back after the rest of the crew entered a magic maze that’s a ways ahead.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.forumotion.com
Lou

Lou

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:19 pm

"Tell us about this magic maze," the monk asks, trying to sense his motive as he tells the group.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Number of posts : 953
Age : 50
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:28 pm

You get the sense that he is telling the truth. He seems as though he is willing to tell you everything he can to save his own hide. His loyalties to the Xeron and Krootad are non-existent.

"I didn't stay long in the magic maze. I guess the tomb creators made it to dissuade tomb robbers. Creatures kept appearing out of nowhere. That’s when I got out.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.forumotion.com
Wil

Wil

Number of posts : 241
Age : 41
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:45 pm

What are these people looking for here? What is so important that they would go through these lengths?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Number of posts : 953
Age : 50
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:57 pm

“Xeron’s been riding us hard. He’s looking for something specific and he suspects he’s being followed.” Garjuk looks over the five of you standing before him, “Guess he was right.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.forumotion.com
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Number of posts : 953
Age : 50
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:57 pm

BTW - I have restored the lost threads again. UGH! What a pain in the arse. Once again, it shouldn't auto-prune anymore, but I thought I had that set before. Anyways keep an eye on it for me so we can get it restored quicker. These old posts will come in handy when we wrap this adventure up and get back to our own particular style that is the Mercenaries Campaign!

Ok, back to where we were.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.forumotion.com
Wil

Wil

Number of posts : 241
Age : 41
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:36 am

Tell us what you know of the remainder of Xeron's group, and of the layout of these tombs you have seen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Number of posts : 953
Age : 50
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:02 pm

The hobgoblin looks you over, "What will you do with me? Will you let me go?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.forumotion.com
Wil

Wil

Number of posts : 241
Age : 41
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:06 pm

Kregnok will look across his companions before speaking.

"We will let you return to the surface unharmed, but only after you have shown us the way to the magic maze, and delivered us unharmed. When you return to the surface, you are to disappear, understood? The townspeople above are not to be harmed, and if we see you skulking around after our compact has been concluded, we will not hesitate to have Kelser here thump you again with his big stick. Do we have an agreement?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Number of posts : 953
Age : 50
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:04 pm

“Agreed,” the hobgoblin says with a smile as he looks over at the statue of the old man in the corner of this room, “I couldn’t figure out the riddle anyways.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.forumotion.com
Geoff

Geoff

Number of posts : 141
Age : 46
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Althalus
Level: 4th
Race/Class: Human Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:12 pm

Show us. Let us take a look at this riddle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Number of posts : 953
Age : 50
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:17 pm

"Sure," says Garjuk, "It's right here."

The hobgoblin leads you over to the statue and points to the book's stone pages. In common, it reads:

Two as one can win the day,
The one with two shows the way,
Brave the blade to break the seal,
Twist the knife, it will reveal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.forumotion.com
Wil

Wil

Number of posts : 241
Age : 41
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:22 pm

Hrm. Umberto? Tatyl? Thoughts?


Last edited by on Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Number of posts : 953
Age : 50
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:23 pm

Garjuk shrugs his shoulders, "I guess, but I have no idea what it means."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.forumotion.com
Wil

Wil

Number of posts : 241
Age : 41
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:35 pm

(Sorry, my original post of "Riddle?" was before a refresh of the thread...)

Garjuk... have you seen what this might refer to? A doorway perhaps, or a blade?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   

Back to top Go down
 
Underground - Eleasis 1st
Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Similar topics
-
» UK Garage mix (Pure Oldskool - Ice Cream)
» The Girls Aloud Party - Sound Of The Underground

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rock Hammer Hold :: Mercs :: Mercenary Timeline-
Jump to: