Rock Hammer Hold

A private D&D Campaign for the LOD set in the Silver Marches of the Forgotten Realms.
 
HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 Underground - Eleasis 1st

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:20 pm

Good suggestion, I’ll move them myself, I mean, I am the DM afterall.

Cautiously you enter the room and split into two groups; Althalus and Tatyl taking the balcony, while the others descend the ladder and inspect the bodies.

The corpses are two varags that seemed to have died recently. Kregnok inspects the bodies, “Hmm, looks like they died of hypothermia.”

A look through their possessions reveal the following:

(2) masterwork studded leather
(2) masterwork scimitar
(2) shortbows
(17) arrows
(1) satchel containing undercooked meat
(2) potions of cure light wounds
(1) pouch of assorted jewelry (200 gp worth)

Kelser wanders over by the stone bridge when a graceful serpent of clear water rises from the canal, making a sound that resembles bubbling speech. It seems to say, “More intruders. Leave this place the way you came, or face the price of your folly, as have those before you.”

The serpent awaits a response or your exit, hard to tell.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.forumotion.com
Wil

Wil

Number of posts : 241
Age : 41
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:06 pm

Kregnok will address the watery serpent:

"We seek simply to cleanse these tombs of the invaders that have fallen before you. We have been charged by the townspeople to do so, and additionally, one of our own has been felled by these invaders. We seek vengeance for our lost compatriot, and must complete the charge given to us. Please allow us passage so the remainder of these invaders may fall before us."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:35 pm

The creature sizes you up for a moment before responding. “If you pursue those who have thwarted me, good luck in your quest. They include an arcane spellcaster, a hobgoblin cleric and several of these mongrels (the water weird gestures to the dead varags) and numerous other humanoids. Now, leave me.”

The water weird retreats into the water.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.forumotion.com
Wil

Wil

Number of posts : 241
Age : 41
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:04 pm

Kregnok will mutter thanks to Dumathoin, before divvying the varags' useful equipment amongst the party, leaving the bows and arrows, but taking the masterwork items, the potions, and the pouch of jewelry. Kregnok will provide one of the potions to Umberto, and the other to Kelser.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:08 pm

The Uthgardt barbarian nods, "Thanks dwarf." Kelser leans in closer, "What's with the monk? Seems quite lately."

Kelser clears his throat and steps back, "So, where to next boss?"
Back to top Go down
Wil

Wil

Number of posts : 241
Age : 41
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:51 pm

I believe the monk is somewhat withdrawn, not only from the loss of his beloved, Vadania, but also I believe he his praticing an obscure monastic exercise known only as "Chicagous Apartmentolus Relocatus." I would be quite surprised if he speaks for some time. My only hope is this exercise does not withdraw him from our mission for too long a time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:44 am

Apparently the monk failed a saving throw a few rooms back that you didn't know about and succumbed to the effects of confusion. This manifested itself in his inability to repond for a short time.

He just made his secondary saving throw and should chime in shortly.

(He forgot his name/password - what a dolt!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.forumotion.com
Wil

Wil

Number of posts : 241
Age : 41
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:10 pm

Ahhhhh... and I thought he was becoming more taciturn than a ... err... dwarf!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:19 pm

Sounds great. Are we moving on? With or without the monk?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.forumotion.com
Wil

Wil

Number of posts : 241
Age : 41
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:18 pm

I suppose he can catch up. We'll gather the masterwork stuff up amongst us (I think I'm repeating myself these days.) (I think I'm repeating myself these days.) And we'll head off through the doors.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:04 pm

Ha! Bonus XP for repeating yourself and making me laugh!

This area is a hall stretching from the southeast to the northwest. Statues along the eastern wall represent different figures, and each one is placed in front of a vault door. The nearest portrays a human wizard, holding her staff aloft. Second is a dwarf cleric brandishing a symbol of Moradin. The third and fourth are twin elves, one an archer aiming a bow and the other a warrior wielding a rapier and dagger. Statues to the east and west of the northern door appear to be make of black onyx. Depicting human warriors, they hold halberds crossed over the door. A single stone door is set near the center of the western wall.



Minimap

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.forumotion.com
Wil

Wil

Number of posts : 241
Age : 41
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:09 pm

Althalus? Care to do the traps/secret passage thing for us? I will examine the statue of the dwarf cleric, and see if there's anything to be learned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:06 pm

Kregnok takes a good look at the statue and sees nothing remarkable about it or any of the others in this room. Althalus carefully moves forward and finds no evidence of traps or secret doors. The ranger takes a good look at the floor.

“Many humanoids have come through here recently, moving in the same direction we did to that door,” he says pointing to the northern door.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.forumotion.com
Wil

Wil

Number of posts : 241
Age : 41
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:40 am

Hrm. Does the western door show any signs of use at all? Perhaps we should ensure nothing will follow us from that position.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:28 pm

Hmm, why does it seem like you and I, Wil, are the only ones playing. Well, LK9 doesn't have internet until Saturday or something like that. Otherwise it's almost time for a kick-in-the-rump-email. Anyways....

Kregnok moves over to the western door to take a look and as you near you hear something from behind the door. The dwarf quickly motions for everyone to be quiet, and with everyone frozen in place, Kregnok presses his ear against the door.

A muffled "Dammit!" comes from behind the door. Kregnok motions to the others, someone is in this next room.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.forumotion.com
Wil

Wil

Number of posts : 241
Age : 41
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:43 pm

Althalus? Can you tell us what's on the other side? Do they sound like the creatures that ambushed us? If so, then let us prepare and bust in... and hopefully catch them in surprise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Geoff

Geoff

Number of posts : 141
Age : 46
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Althalus
Level: 4th
Race/Class: Human Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:14 pm

Let me take a listen...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:18 pm

Althalus listens closely at the door. "Sounds like one person, goblinoid of some sort. The voice isn't far away, but it sounds like something is in the way, maybe a wall or something. Sounds like he is muttering to himself."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.forumotion.com
Wil

Wil

Number of posts : 241
Age : 41
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:49 pm

Throw a fiber optic under the door and...


wait...

Althalus, see if the door will open a little bit, and tell us if you see anything. Maybe we can sneak up on this one and take him down quietly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:02 pm

Althalus carefully pushes the door open revealing a short flight of stairs leading to another short flight around the corner. The murmuring heard before is suddenly silent now.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.forumotion.com
Geoff

Geoff

Number of posts : 141
Age : 46
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Althalus
Level: 4th
Race/Class: Human Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:09 pm

Althalus holds up his hand to make sure that no one is moving or making noise and listens for sounds of movement (which is probably exactly what the guy at the bottom of the stairs is doing).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Number of posts : 953
Age : 49
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:13 pm

As Roy would say, you hear noddings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.forumotion.com
Lou

Lou

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:56 am

The monk shakes his head, bringing himself out of a stupor. " My fellows I have had the strangest dream, I was in a land of tall boxes, brimming with chaos, then it was as if I was cut off from all the world. Weird." The monk grins at his companions. " Perhaps we could lure them up here, remain quiet for a bit and force them to see what the comotion was about?" he says quietly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Geoff

Geoff

Number of posts : 141
Age : 46
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Althalus
Level: 4th
Race/Class: Human Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:31 pm

More noddings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wil

Wil

Number of posts : 241
Age : 41
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:43 pm

The noddings have it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 1st   

Back to top Go down
 
Underground - Eleasis 1st
Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Similar topics
-
» UK Garage mix (Pure Oldskool - Ice Cream)
» The Girls Aloud Party - Sound Of The Underground

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rock Hammer Hold :: Mercs :: Mercenary Timeline-
Jump to: