Rock Hammer Hold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rock Hammer Hold

A private D&D Campaign for the LOD set in the Silver Marches of the Forgotten Realms.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

End of the week report - Eleasis 10th

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

End of the week report - Eleasis 10th Empty
PostSubject: End of the week report - Eleasis 10th   End of the week report - Eleasis 10th Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 4:13 pm

Another week behind us, what were you up to?
Back to top Go down
https://rockhammerhold.forumotion.com
Geoff

Geoff

Number of posts : 141

Character Sheet
Name: Althalus
Level: 4th
Race/Class: Human Ranger

PostSubject: Re: End of the week report - Eleasis 10th   End of the week report - Eleasis 10th Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 4:42 pm

I spoke with Kevian Droverson, the mayor of Temel. He and his people are nervous about future attacks, but there has been no news from Captain Aito and Ensyer regarding this subject.

The ogres are still hanging out in their area, although they still seem restless.

There is still nothing going on around the Thousand Fists camp.

I went to visit the Hermit. Senesus, leader of a long range elven patrol in these mountains, was there as well. She has seen humans in alliance with orcs in these mountains, south of Cholnudon. They are in large encampments and wear red and gold isignias. They appear to be gearing up for a battle. They are too small of a force to take Everlund, so they must have another target. The hermit is going to also try and get some information on the dreadlord, which he will bring by the stronghold if he finds anything.

I also checked in on the Fey’ri Ruins near Temel and did some poking around. Someone blocked the corridor with a brick wall. There was no indication of why it was there.
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: End of the week report - Eleasis 10th   End of the week report - Eleasis 10th Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 5:41 pm

You hear a knock at the door of your meeting room, Kregnok barks "enter"

Captain Ensyer slowly opnes the door and ducks halfway in. "Evening gentlemen. Good to see you all in good health after your endeavors in Wageton. Sorry to interupt but we ran across a chap along the Everlund Pass that sought to join your fine establishment." Ensyer waves to someone and in enters a male half-elf. "This is Hasimir."
Back to top Go down
Jordykins

Jordykins

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Character Sheet
Name:
Level:
Race/Class:

PostSubject: Re: End of the week report - Eleasis 10th   End of the week report - Eleasis 10th Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 7:36 pm

"Greetings! As the Captain said my name is Hasimir. I've just finished making a hmmm... delivery in the city of Everlund, and seeing as I don't have any more contracts to fulfill, I thought that I might ask to join your ranks. The Captain has had many good things to say about you, and I'm hoping that you fine people will help me with a new start."

also comosta bitchessssssss
Back to top Go down
Wil

Wil

Number of posts : 241

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: End of the week report - Eleasis 10th   End of the week report - Eleasis 10th Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 6:53 am

Kregnok will scratch his head briefly, giving a quick, puzzled glance about the room. "Comosta, eh? Must be a new dialect of elvish..." Kregnok will look the half-elf over, and then say "Tell us then, about yourself, and why ye might wish to join the forces of Rockhammer Hold."
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Number of posts : 368

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: End of the week report - Eleasis 10th   End of the week report - Eleasis 10th Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 12:11 pm

The monk nods to the half-elf, but does wait for him to reply to the dwarf.

" Our hunters have been busy, Gravaar and Ol' Jed have filled our keep with great meat. I would like to procure a masterwork greatclub for Gravaar Kregnok, when you have time I will supply the materials and any fee you need to produce a good weapon. He has proven himself worthy of a great weapon from a smith such as yourself."

" The store in Wageton is doing well enough, however he was visited by a human bearing the a symbol like Althalus described, he wanted every two-handed weapon he could get his hands on. I think we need to see what their target is, then reinforce it as best we can, it might be us..."

" We will be doing another recon on the ogres near Temel and co-ordinating a strike on them with Captain Aito, details to follow."
Back to top Go down
Geoff

Geoff

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: End of the week report - Eleasis 10th   End of the week report - Eleasis 10th Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 2:00 pm

Masterwork great club, huh? If he can't find a big stick out in the woods, I am sure that myself or Panian can rustle one up! *stifles a laugh*
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: End of the week report - Eleasis 10th   End of the week report - Eleasis 10th Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 2:28 pm

The monk shrugs and points at D&D rule books, " I don't write this stuff."
Back to top Go down
Jordykins

Jordykins

Character Sheet
Name:
Level:
Race/Class:

PostSubject: Re: End of the week report - Eleasis 10th   End of the week report - Eleasis 10th Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 12:20 am

Hasimir waits for the monk to finish speaking then turns to the dwarf..
" I'm a little bit of a world traveler. I've spent most of my adult life transporting items for whoever is willing to pay me. I've grown tired of always being on the move, and dealing with a few too many shady individuals. This is why I would like to join your group. I feel it's time to start a new business for myself, and I believe you here are the right type of partners. Speaking of shady individuals I had a run in with some less than nice gents with red and gold insignias while I was in Everlund."
Back to top Go down
Geoff

Geoff

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: End of the week report - Eleasis 10th   End of the week report - Eleasis 10th Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 1:52 pm

These guys are popping up in too many places to be ignored. We definitely need to take a closer look at them, perhaps monitor their activities for a bit. Panian and I may need to focus our scouting on them.
Back to top Go down
Jordykins

Jordykins

Character Sheet
Name:
Level:
Race/Class:

PostSubject: Re: End of the week report - Eleasis 10th   End of the week report - Eleasis 10th Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 2:08 pm

They may still be looking for me but I can try my hand at gathering information in the nearby towns. Unless, of course, I need to find another keep in someother valley to stay.
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: End of the week report - Eleasis 10th   End of the week report - Eleasis 10th Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 11:25 pm

"Please Hasimir, you are welcome here at Rockhammer. I agree Althalus, let us investigate this first, we can put the ogres off until later. Let's get some more recon and information concerning these fellows. i will speak with Captain Aito about them."
Back to top Go down
Wil

Wil

Number of posts : 241

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: End of the week report - Eleasis 10th   End of the week report - Eleasis 10th Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 12:03 am

Kregnok will clear his throat:

"I've examined our guards equipment, and we have made some upgrades to them for the total cost of 70gp. In short:

"The nine guards have all been refitted with masterwork studded leather which while doesn’t change their AC, does drop their armor check penalty so they all got an additional +1 in balance, climb and jump. Also they all got masterwork scimitars. The drawback with those is scimitars do 1d6 damage while their old longswords did 1d8. However, on the plus side they are an additional +1 to hit, and also they critical on 18-20 instead of 19-20 on the longsword. Last they all got the heavy wooden shields (+1 to AC). The captain, Dominic, was able to get a masterwork longsword (giving him an additional +1 to hit, a masterwork breastplate ( +1 to AC, but -10 to speed), he also got a heavy wooden shield, (another +1 to AC)."

Additionally, I'm seeking on making some improvements to the way we craft. I'd like to look at hiring some additional smiths and crafters, to enhance our productivity.

And finally I believe the time has come to relinquish my post. I officially nominate Umberto as the Prez. I have come to this decision for several reasons. First, I believe he is suited for the job. Secondly, I believe his inheritance of that sword is a strong visible sign of leadership, and thirdly, I must depart for a short while to attend to some business. If there are no objections, then I believe a small celebration might be in order.

Player Note: I have to go play with the Army for six weeks. This will be my last post for at least 3. Have fun, I'll call y'all when I return.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: End of the week report - Eleasis 10th   End of the week report - Eleasis 10th Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 1:47 pm

Panian gives a respectful nod to Umberto, new president, and clears his throat.

"I spend my week around the northern half of Everlund Pass. My first stop was to investigate the cave where the Dekanter goblins live. A few weeks ago Althalus reported that they were going to great lengths to cover up the entrance to their cave. Well, I can see that the tree they replanted in front of the cave entrance is doing quite well. I don't see goblins or any sort being great at agriculture so I suspect they may be helped in that department. I saw no signs of them anywhere."

"From there I headed north and found the band of worgs still roaming the area. Since it is not far, I ran into an individual from the Red Wizard's Enclave. He said he was sent here to investigate the worgs after some local farmers complained about attacks on their livestock. Looks like the Red Wizards are soon going to move on the worgs themselves."

"I saw evidence of the orcs passing by north of the keep where Althalus saw them, but I saw no orcs this pass through."

"Next I re-visted the hill giant cave and again we found no hill giants around. I did see a couple of goblins poking around, further reinforcing my belief that the hill giants are long gone."

Panian takes a deep breath, "Last I stopped by the former Bugbear camp. Granted, it is still deserted. But I saw evidence that some good sized force camped here for a few nights. Still smoldering fires, fresh bones, etc. Most likely orcs. I found trails leaving camp heading in all directions."

Panian looks down at the ground for a few seconds, then looks up and looks you dead in the eye. “I found this as well,” Panian holds up an ornately decorated bone, “a symbol from the Broken Tusk tribe of orcs. Lead by Karg and has the known follower of Thar Grim-Rule, the shaman that was recently released from Temel.
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: End of the week report - Eleasis 10th   End of the week report - Eleasis 10th Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 2:09 pm

Umberto smiles and shakes Kregnok's hand, "Thanks old friend, hurry back. I hope to draw upon all of your council to be a fair and wise president. We have two major issues it seems, the Dreadlord and the Broken Tusk Tribe. I suggest we split our efforts in this regard, and deal with other events as they fall into our laps.I will take a day or so to see who is best suited for each endeavor, any other input is greatly appreciated."
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: End of the week report - Eleasis 10th   End of the week report - Eleasis 10th Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 2:37 pm

Great idea Mr. Prez!

I think a good way to go about this is to break into two teams (we can even use Kregnok as an NPC if needed) to deal with the two current problems at hand. Maybe you put yourself in charge of one and someone like Althaus in the other. You each pick your "teams" of NPCs and let's set aside a period of time (from a couple days to a week) and work on each task.

To give you a heads up on patrols, the nearest one is Captain Aito who arrives this evening from Silverymoon to spend the night. (DM NOTE - I screwed up the days for Captain Ensyer and had him introduce Hasimir to the group today, when he is actually in Cholnudon right now. So let's consider him not here today and Captain Aito here tonight).

Looking towards the future, Captian Ensyer will arrive here tomorrow night (Eleasis the 4th), and Captain Kremmel will pass by here, not stopping, the following day (Eleasis the 5th).

Let me know if there is any information you need on your NPCs or funds or anything like that.
Back to top Go down
Jordykins

Jordykins

Character Sheet
Name:
Level:
Race/Class:

PostSubject: Re: End of the week report - Eleasis 10th   End of the week report - Eleasis 10th Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 5:49 pm

I would still like to investigate the men with insignias. I know there alot of pressing matters, but from my dealings with these guys, I get the feeling that they're up to all sorts of no good.
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: End of the week report - Eleasis 10th   End of the week report - Eleasis 10th Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 3:02 pm

I have broken down the teams as such-

I will lead the team concerning the Dreadlord, included in this is-

Officers-

Bastion (if he is even around)
Melisi (if he is also around)

Associates-

K'gorsz, Gravaar, Marina, Rez'Gyrk and Lander

I am asking Althalus to head up the Orc operation-

Officers-
Lozigee
Valen

Associates-

Panian, Otihand, Kelser, Haer Da-lis and the Street Urchin Gang

This is mostly for organization purposes, I assume there will be cross-over information but let's try to keep the lines of communications as such.

Also, in regards of your request Hassimir, it is of course granted, I will ask you work with Leera, Tian and Kregnok in regards to the new group with the strange insignia.

I think rough times are ahead, we need to expand our numbers, we have an open door policy for like minded individuals who wish to live in a lawful, relatively peaceful Silver Marches, keep an eye out for allies in this regard.
Back to top Go down
Geoff

Geoff

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: End of the week report - Eleasis 10th   End of the week report - Eleasis 10th Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 12:43 pm

Orcs. Got it. That sounds like a fine plan to me!
Back to top Go down
Jordykins

Jordykins

Character Sheet
Name:
Level:
Race/Class:

PostSubject: Re: End of the week report - Eleasis 10th   End of the week report - Eleasis 10th Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 12:58 pm

Yup. Fine plan indeed.
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: End of the week report - Eleasis 10th   End of the week report - Eleasis 10th Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 6:29 pm

Since Jorday and Geoff already know, and no one else reads this forum...Hey Lou! I'm out of town from Thursday through Monday. So, just wanted to give everyone a heads up that I won't be posting for the next couple of days.

But, lets have the three leaders (Umberto, Althalus, and Hasimir) submit plans on what they want to do over the next week in regards to theirs tasks at hand. That way I'll have everything I need when I get back to put responses together.
Back to top Go down
Jordykins

Jordykins

Character Sheet
Name:
Level:
Race/Class:

PostSubject: Re: End of the week report - Eleasis 10th   End of the week report - Eleasis 10th Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 3:36 pm

so.. I dinr know if I was supposed to email sam or post my deal so yeah its here.

The half-elf says "I've decided to go to Silverymoon. I don't think I should be snooping around the guys in Everlund. I've asked Kregnok to take care of that for me. Tian has volunteered to go to the wizard's enclave to see if they have had any run-ins with these guys, and Leera will ask around in Temel."
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: End of the week report - Eleasis 10th   End of the week report - Eleasis 10th Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 3:41 pm

That's cool posting it here. Some people like to do it in private in case they want to do things in secret without the others knowing.
Back to top Go down
Geoff

Geoff

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: End of the week report - Eleasis 10th   End of the week report - Eleasis 10th Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 2:59 pm

I don't know how effective my crew will be in information gathering and recon, but we will do our best. I think the Urchins should stick close to the keep, as I don't feel too good about sending them into possible danger or sending them into town. Perhaps they could do some good gathering wood, berries and herbs.

Panian and I will visit Temel and the hermit to see if there has been any recent orc activity and the rest of the crew can try to catch up with a patrol and see what they have to say.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: End of the week report - Eleasis 10th   End of the week report - Eleasis 10th Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

End of the week report - Eleasis 10th
Page 1 of 1