Rock Hammer Hold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rock Hammer Hold

A private D&D Campaign for the LOD set in the Silver Marches of the Forgotten Realms.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Mercenary Campaign - Kythorn 1st

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

The Mercenary Campaign - Kythorn 1st Empty
PostSubject: The Mercenary Campaign - Kythorn 1st   The Mercenary Campaign - Kythorn 1st Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 1:24 pm

Day 1 - Silverymoon

“Let’s go!” shouts Kregnok, “or else it’s back to Rockhaven for this dwarf.”

Kregnok shakes his head and sits back down on the table with his compatriots who decided to show up on time. Umberto pats the gruff cleric on the back and goes and sits at the end of the table.

“So, you are playing this game again?” asks the monk.

“Yes!” snaps Valen as he peers into the eyes of Lozigee, “and I have you this time halfling!”

“Honestly, don’t you have a better use for your talents?” asks Umberto. Lozigee waves off the question with his hand.

Valen moves first, and pulls a small gem from his pocket, “from the Knights of the Silver.” He says with a smile.

Lozigee acts startled, “Wow. All I got was this lousy ring I pulled off some idiot this morning. Looks like you won.” The halfling gets up from the table, palming the gem on the way.

Valen smiles triumphantly waving to the rest of the patrons of the Treant’s Hall. “Thank you citizens of Silverymoon!”

Meanwhile, Bastion had entered the area, “Isn’t that your ring, Valen?”

Valen snorts, “Ha!, that’s some ring Lozigee stole……wait. That IS my ring!”

Valen makes a mad dash around the table only to be stopped by Kregnok, “Enough laddie, enough.”

Bastion removes his cloak and takes in the scenery of Treant’s Hall. “I do believe if there were more places like this, elves would live in cities.”

Umberto smiles, “It is very peaceful,” then spies Lozigee and Valen’s game restarting, “well, on nights when we are not gaming.”

“What’s this talk about not gaming? I got all dressed up for gaming!” The attention of the others is taken by Melisi who just walked up, dressed in a most revealing outfit.

“Wow, Melisi, you almost don’t look dro-“

WHACK!

Lozigee smarts from the smack he got from Melisi, “Ok, alright, I’m sorry, geez.”

Melisi smiles, knowing everything is in fun, except when it comes to her drow-ness which she takes care to conceal while in town. “Well, let’s deal the cards!”

Bastion looks around, “Well, we are still waiting for…ah, there is Althalus.”

Althalus saunters into the room, smacks a waitress on the rump and smiles.

“Ah, your majesty,” says Kregnok in a mocking voice, “so nice to join us, now deal the damn cards!”

Everyone gathers around the table in anticipation of their weekly game. Althalus reaches into his pocket and produces a strange deck of cards.

Lozigee reaches for them, his hand is smacked.

Valen reaches for them, his hand is smacked as well.

Melisi waves her hand and mumbles an incantation, “Magical?”

Althalus nods with a grin on his face.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa!” Kregnok pushes his stool away from the table, “I’ll be having nothing of that.”

“C’mon you cranky old dwarf, who knows how valuable this could be?” says Melisi.

Umberto clears his throat, “Where did you get this?”

Althalus speaks at last, “I got them at work-“

“The den of whores” blurts out Lozigee.

“The gentlemen’s club,” Althalus corrects, “from a not-so-gentlemen who didn’t pay for the services.”

Bastion leans in to get a better look, “Althalus, do you know what it does?”

“No idea.”

The seven friends sat around the table and stared at the deck. While Kregnok was dead set against it, Valen, Lozigee, Melisi, and Althalus were quite intrigued.

“I’m gonna do it.” Says Althalus as he stands up.

“Moradin help us.” Whispers Kregnok.

Everyone holds their breath as the ranger reaches down and draws a single card from the deck.

The rest of the deck vanishes in a flash.

All eyes are on Althalus and they see his reaction go from excitement to confusion.

“What does it say?!?!” shouts Lozigee.

“Are we rich?” asks Valen.

Althalus drops the card on the table.

“The Throne? What could that mean?” asks Umberto.

“I don’t-”

And in a flash the card disappeared.

Kregnok laughs a hearty laugh, “Ah, magical indeed!”

Disappointment is evident on some, while relief on others. Then, a third flash. On the table where the card was is now a document.

Althalus snatches it up and reads while everyone hovers around. A grin starts to creep across his face. The ranger flips the paper over to the others showing a drawing of a small keep set into the mountains.

“It’s our new place.”

“What?!?!’ shouts nearly everyone.

Althalus smiles and nods, “That’s what the card must have been! We are now the owners of this small keep, it’s just 15 miles southeast of here, set into the Nether Mountains. Strange…I’ve never heard of it before.”

Everyone is all smiles and enjoying the celebration, until Bastion interrupts.

“So, what do we do with it?”

Last edited by on Mon May 21, 2007 5:18 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://rockhammerhold.forumotion.com
Wil

Wil

Number of posts : 241

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: The Mercenary Campaign - Kythorn 1st   The Mercenary Campaign - Kythorn 1st Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 2:19 pm

"Well, quite obviously we should look into it... although I certainly doubt it could be anything worth while, since it come from magic... but mayhap my faith will see us through yet."
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Number of posts : 368

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: The Mercenary Campaign - Kythorn 1st   The Mercenary Campaign - Kythorn 1st Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 2:40 pm

"If only we all had your faith my dwarven friend. I am interested in this as well. However before we venture off perhaps we should know something of the nature of the cards. Has anyone heard of such a deck?" Umberto glances about his friends, then scours his own mind for any possible information. " If no one has anything, I will research this first thing in the morning." The monk looks about the Treant's Hall, " Waitress, a round for me and my friends!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mercenary Campaign - Kythorn 1st   The Mercenary Campaign - Kythorn 1st Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 2:46 pm

"I think I might be able to find some informationon this place, let me see what my sources say."
Back to top Go down
Blaine

Blaine

Number of posts : 97

Character Sheet
Name: Xune
Level: 4
Race/Class: Drow/Avenger

PostSubject: Re: The Mercenary Campaign - Kythorn 1st   The Mercenary Campaign - Kythorn 1st Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 2:49 pm

"I certainly think it is worth careful investigation. We should not assume that the structure or its surroundings are vacant. When we choose to inspect this keep, preparedness shall be key."
Back to top Go down
Wil

Wil

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Mercenary Campaign - Kythorn 1st   The Mercenary Campaign - Kythorn 1st Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 2:50 pm

"Aye! We should be prepared to crush some skulls!," heaving his tankard high, and quaffing the ale with relish.
Back to top Go down
Geoff

Geoff

Number of posts : 141

Character Sheet
Name: Althalus
Level: 4th
Race/Class: Human Ranger

PostSubject: Re: The Mercenary Campaign - Kythorn 1st   The Mercenary Campaign - Kythorn 1st Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 2:53 pm

"Well I am certainly glad you ladies brought your balls today! I am planning on going to have a look this very day. Anyone not coming with me can carefully consider my ass!"
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Number of posts : 953

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: The Mercenary Campaign - Kythorn 1st   The Mercenary Campaign - Kythorn 1st Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 2:54 pm

Finally, we get this thing moving! Thanks G$, anyone else going with Althalus?
Back to top Go down
https://rockhammerhold.forumotion.com
Blaine

Blaine

Number of posts : 97

Character Sheet
Name: Xune
Level: 4
Race/Class: Drow/Avenger

PostSubject: Re: The Mercenary Campaign - Kythorn 1st   The Mercenary Campaign - Kythorn 1st Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 2:54 pm

"Al, you are so eager...I doubt you will find any darling wenches to add to your collection. You may need another sword or bow to keep the hordes of Orc matrons at bay." <chuckles> "I'll certainly join you."
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Number of posts : 368

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: The Mercenary Campaign - Kythorn 1st   The Mercenary Campaign - Kythorn 1st Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 2:55 pm

" Fine, wouldn't be the first time I followed you into the brink. Lead the way...after this next round." The monk takes a deep swig of ale.
Back to top Go down
Wil

Wil

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Mercenary Campaign - Kythorn 1st   The Mercenary Campaign - Kythorn 1st Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 2:55 pm

"Aye, if you 'ladies' are ready to go... as long as we can get some ale for the road."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mercenary Campaign - Kythorn 1st   The Mercenary Campaign - Kythorn 1st Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Mercenary Campaign - Kythorn 1st
Page 1 of 1