Rock Hammer Hold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rock Hammer Hold

A private D&D Campaign for the LOD set in the Silver Marches of the Forgotten Realms.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alliances, New Groups, Dark Passages, Forgehome - 11th Ses.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

Alliances, New Groups, Dark Passages, Forgehome - 11th Ses. Empty
PostSubject: Alliances, New Groups, Dark Passages, Forgehome - 11th Ses.   Alliances, New Groups, Dark Passages, Forgehome - 11th Ses. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 4:13 pm

You are all kicking back at Nok & Nak’s tavern over a cold “Magic Potion…Yea!” The tavern part of your favorite brwery has finally opened and business has been great. Valddan and Adarc both quickly see a need to start serving food, both for increased income and perhaps eliminating the drinking on an empty stomach problem that has arisen.

A commotion out on the street pulls your attention away from your drinks as a large contingency of at least twenty riders on warhorses trot up Coldforge Way. Four heavily armed Knights of the Silver walk into Nok & Nak’s and stand by the door. Shortly after that, two others enter. One you recognize as Blaynden Darhunson, the other is an old half-elf dressed in exquisite robes.

Blaynden bows, “Baern, and the esteemed members of The Brigade, I present to you, Methrammar Alustrial, High Lord of Silverymoon.”

Although you do not know him, you know of him. He is the son of High Lady Alustrial of Silverymoon, who was in charge of the confederation of city-states unified against common enemies during the days of the Lords of Rock Hammer. It was with her that Umberto negotiated Rock Hammer’s independence within the Silver Marches.

Methrammar nods slightly, “On behalf of all that you have done for Silverymoon in protecting the Gem of the North, I thank you.” The High Lord slowly goes around the room, smiling, and shaking everyone’s hand. “If I might have to room to speak with Lord Coldforge for a moment?”

You all file out, wondering what he and Blaynden could have to say to your friend Baern.
Back to top Go down
https://rockhammerhold.forumotion.com
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Alliances, New Groups, Dark Passages, Forgehome - 11th Ses.   Alliances, New Groups, Dark Passages, Forgehome - 11th Ses. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 6:10 pm

About fifteen minutes later you see Lord Methrammar leave room at Nok & Nak's where he was talking to Baern. He smiles and nods politely. Not a minute later, he has saddled up and ridden off with his score of Knights of the Silver.

Inside, Baern and Blaynden still talk.
Back to top Go down
Wil

Wil

Number of posts : 241

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Alliances, New Groups, Dark Passages, Forgehome - 11th Ses.   Alliances, New Groups, Dark Passages, Forgehome - 11th Ses. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 6:00 pm

A few minutes after Lord Methrammar's departure, Baern will usher everyone back into Nok & Nak's, where fresh tankards have been arranged for everyone to drink.

"Friends. Lord Methrammar and Blaynden have requested our assistance in the defense of Silverymoon and Luruar again. It seems the theft of the Septasigilure has been traced to Drow infiltrators from the Underdark, and its recovery is of the utmost importance. However, Lord Methrammar and Blaynden have presented a number of sound arguments against the Brigade's involvement in this matter, chiefly, there are more pressing concerns in Rockhammer that warrant our attention. A compromise has been reached, but I need your assistance in the matter.

Lord Methrammar has suggested we develop and sponsor a group of unknowns to venture forth and retrieve the logbook of Silverymoon's defensive wards. We have been promised support, supplies, and information. The question remains, who will go in our stead? I have an idea of an individual whose arcane skill will come well in hand, but I will not send her alone.

I have come to trust each of you. As such, I trust your word, and your recommendations.

Please, think on this request, that Silverymoon and the region may be protected from this new threat."
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Number of posts : 368

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Alliances, New Groups, Dark Passages, Forgehome - 11th Ses.   Alliances, New Groups, Dark Passages, Forgehome - 11th Ses. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 7:37 am

A look of relief flows from the elder half-orc, the anxiety of venturing into the Underdark clearly resting upon his brow. After a quick minute he nods his head and adds, " My dear friend and ally in the my fight for equality. You may know though, so unknown she may not be. Ilthana Lunini, a fighter of finesse and wit. I think she would a fine addition to this group."
Back to top Go down
Wil

Wil

Number of posts : 241

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Alliances, New Groups, Dark Passages, Forgehome - 11th Ses.   Alliances, New Groups, Dark Passages, Forgehome - 11th Ses. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 5:40 pm

Awesome Lou... Ungoro speaks a bit like Yoda.
Back to top Go down
Jordykins

Jordykins

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Character Sheet
Name:
Level:
Race/Class:

PostSubject: Re: Alliances, New Groups, Dark Passages, Forgehome - 11th Ses.   Alliances, New Groups, Dark Passages, Forgehome - 11th Ses. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 4:04 pm

Ha! I know just the finger waggling dwarf for this job. Good ol' Carlos has traveled the world with me. He's trained with Talain and at the arcane academy. I'm sure he is ready for a little adventure.
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Alliances, New Groups, Dark Passages, Forgehome - 11th Ses.   Alliances, New Groups, Dark Passages, Forgehome - 11th Ses. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 6:34 pm

Quick note here, I'm putting together a list of skills of all the players for this low level group and you all better protect Dende (Blaine's healer) as best you can. I'm looking at heal checks for the rest of the group and they are -1, -1, +2, 0, and -1. Yikes!

On a side note, I heard from a post from Tracy Hickman that the newly hired Monte Cook is working at Wizards on 5th edition indeed. Wow.
Back to top Go down
Blaine

Blaine

Number of posts : 97

Character Sheet
Name: Xune
Level: 4
Race/Class: Drow/Avenger

PostSubject: Re: Alliances, New Groups, Dark Passages, Forgehome - 11th Ses.   Alliances, New Groups, Dark Passages, Forgehome - 11th Ses. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 8:43 pm

The Underdark...the darkest places for Sehanine's light to find. I have always had a longing to know of my ancestors; the ones who have walked the earth and those who have dwelt below. I would gladly join this group and storm the darkest reaches with Sehanine's light to defend me, but my place is here beside you Baern Coldforge. There are troubled times ahead for you and the lands we call home. I could not desert my responsibilities as a fellow sire of Rock Hammer's founders. Dende shall go. My Love's bond with Sehanine has been growing stronger and stronger since we came here. The Godess' light will flow through him to guide and defend this unique group on their dark and difficult quest. How ever diverse a band it may be, they will carry the honor of Rock Hammer and the Coldforge name with them. The Coldforge Irregulars...the band that prevented the fall of Rock Hammer, Silverymoon, and the many peoples of Luruar. Not a bad feather to have in the cap of the president to be...
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Alliances, New Groups, Dark Passages, Forgehome - 11th Ses.   Alliances, New Groups, Dark Passages, Forgehome - 11th Ses. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 11:39 am

11th Session – First of The Six Fingers

Campaign Trail, Spiders, Urgog, Voices

The Baern Coldforge Convention begins

The session began with the Brigade meeting with the representatives from the Greatrock Ward, High Lady Kadaline Willow of Waukeen, High Moonstar C’Nedra of Sehanine/Selune, Sister Emesha of Torm, Luckmistress Calrissa Lupkas of Tymora, and Malik Ironhands of Moradin.

The leaders of the temples asked Baern if the religious freedoms that the people of Rock Hammer have enjoyed would still exist under his rule? He said yes they would and that there would be no official state religion. Next they asked about them having a voice in government and Baern assured them they would, similar to how the Council works today. Baern told them it would be a peaceful transition from a republic to a monarchy, and that now citizen would have his rights revoked or limited. Last, Baern told the leaders of the Greatrock Ward that Rock Hammer will be better off, simply be removing the power and sway that the Rock Hammer Trade Coalition holds.

Next the Brigade spoke to the League of Fighters, represented by Shagold Gatecrasher. A longtime ally and trainer to several of the members of the Brigade, Shagold was easy to convince. He did ask if the League would have more freedom to operate outside of the walls of Rock Hammer, stating that he was stymied by the Trade Coalition over the years. He also asked if he could actively recruit for members as he was told in the past that this would conflict with the City Watch. Baern agreed that he could.

Words of Encouragement and Warnings

Before The Six Fingers were to depart on their mission, Baern Coldforge spoke to them:

Quote :
“I don’t know how much your sponsers told you but you are about to embark on a dangerous mission. We are sending you into the Underdark and we are going to ask you to succeed where the Brigade has, not necessarily failed, but met with a series setback. We are going to ask you to retrieve the Septasigilurue so that we may bolster Silverymoon’s defenses, our ally. In case you don’t know what we are looking for, it is basically a handwritten notebook containing details on the Wards accessing the catacombs beneath Silverymoon. Your contact, (Danovar Brighthelm) the assistant from Silverymoon will guide you to a place called Forgehome and understandably that is where the other members of The Six Fingers will join you (Lou’s character). We have limited information, we know that the Septasigilurue was taken by members of House Faen-Tlabbar of Menzoberranzan. We don’t know what their intentions are, with utilizing this, but obviously a threat against Silverymoon is a threat against Rock Hammer, and a threat against Luruar. I expect the best from you, I know you will do what it takes to come back and succeed in this task, and whatever assistance we may provide for you, we will be happy to do so as you embark on this crucial mission.”

So say we all!

Next, The Six Fingers met Danovar Brighthelm, the Harper guide that would take them into the Underdark and he would tell them what to be concerned about.

He told them they would travel through the Upperdark to the Menzoberranzan which lies in the Middledark. He believes there is an entrance to the Underdark near some ancient Fey-Ri ruins not far from here (initially discovered by the Mercenary group). Their first destination is the dwarven mining colony of Forgehome and from there they can set up base and plan their trek to Menzoberranzan.

Danovar told them they could run into stuff called Faerzress that interferes with spells and the effects of magic items in often unpredictable ways, but has the most detrimental effect on divinations, teleportations, and most other forms of magical travel.

Opposite that are Earth Nodes which are valuable sources of raw magic. Cities have been built around them so that wizards and powerful entities might harvest them.

The Six Fingers vs Spiders and Goblins

Danovar led the team toward the Fey-Ri ruins where they discovered evidence of tracks and something living around the ruin entrance. They engaged in a skill challenge to avoid the ambush but they failed horribly (0 success and 4 fails).

As the battle started, the Six Fingers found themselves already within the webs of the spiders. Rains of arrows came down on them from goblin snipers in the trees as spidnerlings and a deathjump spider descended upon them. Also a bloodthorn vine entered the fray and tried to grab and pull them away to eat them later.

Keira got off to a rough start as she was dropped in the 2nd round. Carlos the dwarf was also dropped. The Six Fingers rallied and killed the remaining attackers.

There is no turning back now

Just inside the ruins entrance was a large hole in the ground, providing the only direction for the Six Fingers to travel. The hole was a shear drop on three sides, but the fourth side descended at an angle and provided a fair amount of footholds and vines in which to climb down.

During their descent, several spiders emerged from the wall and attacked. While this was happening, three goblins – one of them a hex hurler – attacked from the ground in an attempt to knock them down the wall.

Lendri was the first one down and the daring halfing jumped down to start attacking the goblins. However, he fell right into a pit trap and it took him some time to pull himself out of it. As Keria reached the floor, four more goblins emerged from a lower level to attack. Moments later, Keira dropped again.

Eventually the rest of the Six Fingers on the wall got down safely and dispatched the remaining goblins.

Come down here and fight!

As the Six Finger caught their breath, healed their wounds, and searched the bodies, a voice came up from the hole in the ground.

Quote :
“I am Urgog the Mangler, Urgog the war-chief, the King of the Goblin Hole! Come down and fight! Come down and die!”

After a momentary pause, the voice says:

Quote :
“Are you sure they’re up there? I can’t hear anything”

This was followed by a strange chittering noise, almost like this noise was answering him. Although it was never really discovered by The Six Fingers, that noise was from the Feyspitter Spider, an intelligent being that was semi-controlling Urgog and the goblins.

Boss Battle, now with Rock Slides!

When they were ready, the Six Fingers jumped down on ropes and into the final room. Here was a large spider, Urgog, and another goblin warrior. The spider nimbly darted around the room in an attempt to keep the Six Fingers under the hole they just came down. That made perfect sense in the 2nd round and goblins from above shoved rocks into the whole that hit almost everyone in the room.

Keira dropped twice in the fight and Carlos dropped once. Once Urgog was dealt with the feyspitter spider was soon to fall.

Treasure and Voices

The group found a pretty good amount of treasure and another hole in the ground that leads further into the Underdark. Tangling in some webs was a single Sending Stone. Hours later, a voice emerged from the magical communication device:

Quote :
“Urgog! Urgog! Urgog! Where are you? We need to talk!”

About an hour after that, the female voice returned:

Quote :
“Urgog! Bring me the powder and the orb you obtained and you and your goblin kingdom will be rewarded justly!”

Here she left directions on where her lair is. From what you can tell, it is not far from where you are.
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Alliances, New Groups, Dark Passages, Forgehome - 11th Ses.   Alliances, New Groups, Dark Passages, Forgehome - 11th Ses. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 8:37 pm

Alliances, New Groups, Dark Passages, Forgehome - 11th Ses. Leroy_Jenkins_by_WhiteCrowXV
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alliances, New Groups, Dark Passages, Forgehome - 11th Ses.   Alliances, New Groups, Dark Passages, Forgehome - 11th Ses. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alliances, New Groups, Dark Passages, Forgehome - 11th Ses.
Page 1 of 1