Rock Hammer Hold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rock Hammer Hold

A private D&D Campaign for the LOD set in the Silver Marches of the Forgotten Realms.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th Empty
PostSubject: Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th   Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 12:39 pm

Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th E518e6e9ef3f43aebd9b74b586efa3cd
Eleasis 29th
H 76/L 56 – Winds out of the Northeast at 15 mph.

Closest Patrol Today (6):
Captain Ensyer arrives in the evening from Silverymoon

This day starts off like any other and around mid-morning the trumpets blare from the wall, signaling a friendly coming to visit the keep.

(DM Note – I thought this the best way to do this, since I assume you would all be hanging out at the keep. This would put Dominic in charge of who he lets into the valley. A different trumpet sound would indicate an attack. If you want to change this just let me know)

Approaching the keep are a dozen elves dressed in elven chain, almost military style. The leader is a female with a cold stare. When she reaches the front gate she speaks.

“Bring me Althalus.”
Back to top Go down
https://rockhammerhold.forumotion.com
Wil

Wil

Number of posts : 241

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th   Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 3:09 am

"Oh dear... what has the lad done this time? Surely he hasn't impregnated another princess..."
Back to top Go down
Geoff

Geoff

Number of posts : 141

Character Sheet
Name: Althalus
Level: 4th
Race/Class: Human Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th   Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 3:56 pm

I will do that... from time to time.

I don't need to be brought, I will head up there on my own.
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th   Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 2:37 pm

You recognize her as the leader of the Elven Long Range Patrol you met east of the valley months ago, and again at the Hermit’s house.

Senesus is as cold as ever, she stares you down for a few uncomfortable moments.

“When was the last time you saw Lane, human?”
Back to top Go down
Geoff

Geoff

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th   Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 8:27 pm

Lane, the hermit? He was lurking about in the town formerly-known-as-Temel. Has there been some trouble? I will go where is needed to help my friend.
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th   Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 1:04 pm

“Have you heard no word of him since he entered Temel?” says the dismayed elf.

Althalus thinks for a moment, “We did get a note from him on the 18th, ten days ago."

Quote :
Friends,

As you may know I am inside the village of Zeth’Gor studying the actions of the Broken Tusks Orcs. Don’t be foolish, the orcs are a barbaric lot, but they are firmly controlled by the strength of Karg, the wisdom of Thar, and a third. A tiefling who seems to act as either an advisor to Karg and Thar or perhaps as an emissary between the Broken Tusks and some other force.

Fear not, I have found a safe spot. I will send more reports when I can.

The Hermit
Althalus continues, “But we have heard nothing since.”

Senesus thinks for a moment, “Ten days and not a word is a long time.” She shakes her head, “You humans will have to explain to me one day how you allow the orcs to take your city and not reclaim it.”

One of the other elves leans forward and whispers something is Senesus’s ear in elven. The leader of the patrol turns back to you, “Have you considered entrance to Kotror, human? One of them lead to Temel years ago."
Back to top Go down
Geoff

Geoff

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th   Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 2:13 pm

As to reclaiming the city, the orcs have taken it legally, according to Silverymoon. To attempt any retaking of the town, would bring down on us not only the wrath of the local orcs, but also the law. We do not like the current situation, but we are working on changing it.

I am not familiar with Kotror... perhaps you can educate us.
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th   Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 11:10 am

"Kotror is an entrance to the underdark that eventually leads to Blingdenstone, Mantol-Derith, and Menzoberranzan. One of the side tunnels of Kortor leads to Temel."

You ask Senesus where this place is and she goes on to describe it. Eventually you realize she is talking about what you refer to as the Fey'ri Ruins.

"So, you know of this place human?"
Back to top Go down
Geoff

Geoff

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th   Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 2:26 pm

We do, although I am allergic to the Underdark. We will need to discuss our next move in this regard. Things are getting more settled here at the keep, so that may free up some time to make some more progress on the Temel situation.
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th   Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 3:09 pm

President Umberto? Former President Kregnok? Any thoughts on this?
Back to top Go down
Wil

Wil

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th   Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 3:34 am

Aye, the Underdark is a fair difficult prospect, but I have no doubt it could be managed with a bit of planning. I dislike the idea of going into the Underdark for any reason, but if it would serve a purpose to rescue the hermit, it could be done. My concerns would be two fold... is this a strict rescue mission for the hermit? Or would other, action... be undertaken? Secondly, what of the reports of the elvish/demon creatures seen near the ruins on the top? Do we know yet what part they play in all of this?
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Number of posts : 368

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th   Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 1:34 pm

"I would be willing to take part in a rescue of the hermit. The thought of venturing into the Underdark is not a pleasurable one, but if there is no other way..." the monk thinks for a moment, " I value the life of the hermit, but I would like to know why you have so much concern for him? Is this a merely a concern for his welfare or does he have other value to you? I mean no disrespect, but I believe we have a right to know."
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th   Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 1:37 pm

Senesus snears at the comment, "Lane is the one human that I trust. He has been a friend to the elves of these mountains for years. I personally owe him...much.". The elven leader turns her head away.

"We will be willing to help if you decide on a rescue mission."
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th   Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 1:59 pm

"Very good, that all I needed to know. Friendship is more than enough reason to rescue Lane. I make Rockhammer Hold available as a staging area, and the resources at your disposal. Althalus, are you interested in heading up the rescue mission?"
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th   Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 2:44 pm

DM Note - This would be a mini-adventure for anyone (PCs included) interested in going.
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th   Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 4:01 pm

SWEET! I AM THERE!
Back to top Go down
Wil

Wil

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th   Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 2:15 am

Aye, I'm in as well... Dumathoin might favor us all on this undertaking.
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th   Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 12:58 pm

Hasimir? Althalus?

Also, let's nail down some NPCs that might be going as well.
Back to top Go down
Geoff

Geoff

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th   Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 2:42 pm

It is decided then. As soon as we get everyone together, we can head out.
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th   Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 11:25 am

I suggest Kelser and Tian, they would round out our group. I would also suggest we grab some of the gear we have been accumulating. Potions, weapons and so forth.
Back to top Go down
Jordykins

Jordykins

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Character Sheet
Name:
Level:
Race/Class:

PostSubject: Re: Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th   Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 3:05 pm

I'm in!
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th   Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 6:41 pm

Ok, so far we have:

Umberto
Kregnok
Althlaus
Kelsus
Tian
Senesus

Also, here is a link to the thread that has all the items that are in the vault.

Hasimir, you going? Anyone else?
Back to top Go down
Jordykins

Jordykins

Character Sheet
Name:
Level:
Race/Class:

PostSubject: Re: Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th   Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 8:05 pm

I believe Hasimir like Mclovin said "I'm in!"...
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th   Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 10:42 am

Great, Umberto will take +1 ring of protection, 2 CLW potions, 1 Mage Armor potion and 2 doses of Varather.

I also think we should bring along the wand of CLW and remember we might need +1 weapons, so if you can use one of the weapons listed and DONT have a magic weapon, then grab one.

Woohoo!
Back to top Go down
Jordykins

Jordykins

Character Sheet
Name:
Level:
Race/Class:

PostSubject: Re: Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th   Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 1:40 pm

2 clw potions and 1 varather
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th   Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Missing Friend? - Eleasis 29th
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next