Rock Hammer Hold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rock Hammer Hold

A private D&D Campaign for the LOD set in the Silver Marches of the Forgotten Realms.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

End of the Week Results - Flamerule 30th (night)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

End of the Week Results - Flamerule 30th (night) Empty
PostSubject: End of the Week Results - Flamerule 30th (night)   End of the Week Results - Flamerule 30th (night) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2007 2:15 pm

Another week is behind us, and on the eve of the celebration known as Mid Summer, what did you do this week?
Back to top Go down
https://rockhammerhold.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: End of the Week Results - Flamerule 30th (night)   End of the Week Results - Flamerule 30th (night) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 6:44 pm

Panian looks the whole lot of you over, sighs, and begins…”Well, I guess I’ll start this off. I scouted the areas south of Rockhammer Hold this week and here are the things of note.”

“I popped down to Temel to see how Evan Barksdale and the rest of the people were doing. They count their blessings but there is a sense of uneasiness in the thorp. They do not believe they are our of the woods yet. Fearful apprehension is the best way to describe Temel right now.”

“From here I made my way east to the ogre cave and now find they have doubled their numbers from two to four. They also seemed to be growing restless, I fear they will be compelled to do something soon. Hopefully, being 10 miles from Temel will keep them from hurting anyone there.”

“The herd of rothe had moved approximately five miles south of where we saw them, effectively putting more distance between themselves and the ogres.”

“On a hunch I went back to the Thousand Fist Camp that Althalus spotted back on the 7th of this month. Just like we found on the 13th, the orcs were gone, but in that same spot I saw a scouting party of seven orcs and one leader barbarian type. They looked to be moving west toward Cholnudon. I decided to tail them to see what they were up to. They went around the mountain top that Althalus ran into the snow cloak, but when they go to about within four miles of Cholnudon, they disappeared. No track, no sign of where they went.” Panian shakes his head, “I still can’t figure out what happened there.”

“After this I headed north to visit the Hermit, but he wasn’t home at the time. I left a note on his door inviting him to the Mid Summer festival here at Rockhammer. He does not seem like the type to attend, but I thought it was a nice gesture on our part.”

“The wolves den near Everlund Pass was empty, no wolves to be seen. Very unusual considering there were several young there before.”

“Last I investigated the Fey’ri Ruins southeast of Temel. Things appear to be about the same as before. I saw a couple of them milling about outside the ruins, but no evidence their numbers have changed, nor any evidence that they are up to anything.”

Panian nods politely and waits for the next person to give their accounts of the past week.
Back to top Go down
Wil

Wil

Number of posts : 241

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: End of the Week Results - Flamerule 30th (night)   End of the Week Results - Flamerule 30th (night) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 4:46 pm

First of all, it's great to be back, hopefully i can get caught up from the past three weeks, and thank you all for your patience whilst i've been away.

I spent a good chunk of the week cranking out work on the forge. I was able to get a good deal done, completing a longsword and a heavy mace.

Kalunt continued to plug away on the masterwork bastard sword which should be complete by the end of next week.

Kivon started a very ambitious project himself, a suit of half-plate armor. He had two great weeks on it but this is going to take some time.

Additionally, Nadia completed a composite Shortbow.

Otherwise:

On the 26th of Flamerule one of the other two patrol captains stopped by in the evening to introduce himself. It is the human ranger, Ensyer, who participated in the attack with Captain Aito and some of your NPCs against the bugbear camp earlier this month.

“Good to see you again friends. I have recently been promoted to ‘captain’ of one of the Everlund Pass patrols. We just left Silverymoon and I heard of your heroic work in Temel recently, with help like yours these Nether Mountains will be tame once again.”

You get a good vibe from Captain Ensyer; he’s young, smart, honorable, and believes in what he is doing. He will be a strong ally for Rockhammer Hold.

“Also, I’ve decided to take Captain Aito example and have my patrol camp here instead of Temel. It’s a tiresome push to up the mountains from Silverymoon as it is, no sense in tiring ourselves out another few miles to get to Temel. I’m sure we can help with sales of ale at your bar stand as well.”

“Ye should come back for our Mid Summer celebration next week,” says Kregnok, “plenty of ale to be drunk that night.”

“Hmm,” Captain Ensyer thinks for a moment, “I think my patrol will be in Silverymoon that night, but I’ll make an effort to get back here myself.”

You wave goodbye to the captain and get back to work on the forge
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Number of posts : 368

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: End of the Week Results - Flamerule 30th (night)   End of the Week Results - Flamerule 30th (night) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 5:04 pm

"Oh yes, sorry been busy with plans for the celebration." Umberto puts several scrolls aside, notes of the upcoming events scribble over them. " We had a good week at the store, I sold off the majority of our mundane items, putting 126gp into our coffers. not bad at all. Wageton will be supplying us with minstrels and the what-not for festival. Also I have enlisted the help of Ol'Jed, a fantastic hunter! He will surely help the food surplus."

"The young ranger, Ensyer, who aided Aito with the bugbear attack, has recently been promoted to captain. He will be a good friend to Rockhammer I believe."

"I spoke with Evan Barksdale, he and Kevian Droverson will bring himself and some of the citizens of the thorp to the Midsummer celebration. Kevian is their Mayor. I think this will be a fine and honorable celebration."

"I made a drop off for Mr. M. He paid me 500gp for my goods. I am putting 100gp into advanced, extended training for our guards. I am donating 100gp to Evan Barksdale and his church, as their coffers are dry. I am giving Captain Aito 100gp, to further his strength and numbers of the patrols. I kept 25gp to pay for my hirelings and the rest has gone into the vault. I feel that this is dangerous, but I truly believe I can be instrumental in taking this organization down. The timing must be just right however."

"I look forward to the celebration of Midsummer and Shieldmeet. Hopefully our guests will all attend and enjoy themselves."
Back to top Go down
Geoff

Geoff

Number of posts : 141

Character Sheet
Name: Althalus
Level: 4th
Race/Class: Human Ranger

PostSubject: Re: End of the Week Results - Flamerule 30th (night)   End of the Week Results - Flamerule 30th (night) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 6:33 pm

Althalus:
I made my scouting arounds this week and came up with some interesting info. The Dekanter goblins have gone to some effort to conceal the entrance to their cave. I don't know what they are up to, but they definitely do not want to be discovered. This may be an issue in the future.

I ran across a about a dozen worgs, sleeping in the spot that I saw the herd of deer last time. It was hard to tell if these were wild or trained worgs, since they were asleep, but these may have belonged to the goblins that we sent to their deaths in the attack on the bugbear camp.

On the 27th, I saw a group of orcs marching to the West through the woods, South of your retreat, Umberto. There were a couple of orc barbarians in the group, one shaman, and the rest were rank and file types. They passed the former goblin camp and moved on up by the branta herd, where they made camp for the night, and possibly a few more days.Going south from here you come across a pack of dire wolves, no doubt feeding off the weak and old branta nearby. You find a good place to camp out for the night.

On the 28th, I harvested some more Varathar, to add to the keep's healing supplies. I kept one dose for personal use and there are another 9 for the stores. (A character may administer a dose of varathar with a successful Heal check (DC 10); a creature treated in this fashion is healed 1d4 points of damage).

I headed over to the hill giant area, where I happened across a group of elves. They are tracking the movement of the orcs in the area and I told them of my orc sightings. They were pretty secretive about their motives, but I feel that, with further interaction, they will tell me more.

The hill giants seem to have deserted their cave. I waited around for them overnight, but there was no sign of them.
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Number of posts : 953

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: End of the Week Results - Flamerule 30th (night)   End of the Week Results - Flamerule 30th (night) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 6:36 pm

Awesome job everyone, nice to see Kregnok back as well. Just to clear a couple of things up before the big party. Lou, I took the money you were going to give to Captain Aito and put it towards your own defenses. Captain of the Guard, Dominic, was actually going to ask for additional guards. They had been working as two man teams for eight hour shifts. So, now with the addition of three more guards they work 3-man teams for 8-hours shifts. Much better for them. And with the left over money, Dominic was upgraded his armor to chainmail (from studded leather) and everyone upgraded to longswords (from shortswords). Also, Lou, looks like you should have 50 gp in your pockets for the week instead of 25.

Also, I took out 300 gp from the Vault for a most successful Mid Summer party. It is going to be splendid!
Back to top Go down
https://rockhammerhold.forumotion.com
Wil

Wil

Number of posts : 241

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: End of the Week Results - Flamerule 30th (night)   End of the Week Results - Flamerule 30th (night) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 9:59 am

Aye, assuming we dwarves have plenty of ale!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: End of the Week Results - Flamerule 30th (night)   End of the Week Results - Flamerule 30th (night) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

End of the Week Results - Flamerule 30th (night)
Page 1 of 1