Rock Hammer Hold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rock Hammer Hold

A private D&D Campaign for the LOD set in the Silver Marches of the Forgotten Realms.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

End of Week Report - Flamerule 18th (night)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

End of Week Report - Flamerule 18th (night) Empty
PostSubject: End of Week Report - Flamerule 18th (night)   End of Week Report - Flamerule 18th (night) Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 7:07 pm

First of all, congrats, you are now a 3rd level guild!!! Wahoo!

Also, a couple of you leveled up:

***Melisi Level Up***

***Kregnok Level Up***

So, let's all chime in with what we we did this last week.
Back to top Go down
https://rockhammerhold.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: End of Week Report - Flamerule 18th (night)   End of Week Report - Flamerule 18th (night) Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 7:08 pm

Giggaty Giggaty, new spells!
Back to top Go down
Geoff

Geoff

Number of posts : 141

Character Sheet
Name: Althalus
Level: 4th
Race/Class: Human Ranger

PostSubject: Re: End of Week Report - Flamerule 18th (night)   End of Week Report - Flamerule 18th (night) Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 7:08 pm

Panian and I made our rounds, starting with the former bugbear camp. There were some hill giants poking around in the what was left. I don't belive that they are specifically heading our direction, but they are definitely closer to the Pass than the last time we saw them.

We also saw a patrol of fey'ri, but avoided being seen.

We went by the orc camp and found it empty and Panian here said that these were most likely Thousand Fist orcs and not the Ripped Guts orcs that held Tian. On that subject, we have gathered a bit more information. Apparently the human sorcerer, Aumathra, is now a ghost that the Ripped Guts orcs occasionally find a vessel to allow her human form. While in the flesh, she searches for something in the ruins and tombs in this area. Our situation depends greatly on whether Tian was released or she escaped. If she actually escaped, then they will be looking for her and if so, their number will be in the thousands when they arrive on our doorstep. Another thing to consider is that Aumathra may still be inhabiting Tian's body. That presents a completely different set of dangers.

This gentleman here, is Evan Barksdale, high priest of Helm in Temel. Highwaymen have stolen medicines from Silverymoon and they need our help to recover them.
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Number of posts : 368

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

I spent a good deal of time with Vadania, we discussed the nature of balance and how we each strive to maintain it.

She pointed out some excellent techniques for Gravaar and the garderners, and her ideas definitely increased yields of food for us.

She did mention that this valley and stronghold did not exist several months ago, as if it just magically appeared. Odd.

I met up with Cato June. Cato is pleased to see that we are going to start our Rockhammer Hold Store in Wageton. I gave him the required 20 gp start up fee (taken from the Vault) and he fills out the proper paperwork. Cato also has an excellent idea for someone to work your store.

“It’s my nephew, Jeffrey Samuel. He has lived his entire life here in Wageton and knows the locals very well. He had been working on the docks so he knows the trade aspect of this town. He is educated and is quite the smooth talker, plus he has an in with the city council” Cato says with a wink.

(It will cost the Vault 7 gp a month to hire Jeffrey to work the store).

I also hired some laborers, Orrav and Enad, they will cost us 10 gp a month

Gravaar had a record setting week. He brought in 47 units of food from trapping and 85 units from hunting. Unfortunately the stronghold, before this week, has 34 people in it who require a total of 238 food units for the week. Gravaar brought in 132 this week and the garden will make up the difference, but another hunter or two are desperately needed.

K'grosz has the poison, if want to set up a trap, we have the bait.
Back to top Go down
Wil

Wil

Number of posts : 241

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

Some successful crafting this week with the help of Lander (who I think I'll put on my payroll, so that he might have some more purpose here...)

I was able to produce another dwarven waraxe, and since Umberto doesn’t quite have the shop up and running yet, I sold it myself for a nice profit.

Kivon finished the chain shirt he has been working on, with a great profit. Kalunt continued to make the masterwork bastard sword, and is about 30% of the way done.

Johann came to see me at the end of the week and told me that he and his crew had completed furnishings for the barracks. Beds, lockers, nightstands, a common table, closets, coatracks, you name it, the place has it.

We'll need to decide what our next step for the carpenters is going to be... now that we have some basic furnishings. With the addition of some laborers, I was thinking perhaps a granary/smokehouse/barn etc.. but would like to hear some other suggestions. Perhaps we can focus a bit on making items, so that Umberto's "Order of the SecondHand Monk Consignment Store" might have some furnishings to sell.

Additionally, I think we need to celebrate. Not only our ongoing successes, but also we have two holidays coming up. Perhaps we should extend some invitations to our new friends, and plan a feast accordingly.

Additionally, I ran into Evan Barksdale, the priest of the Temple of Helm. The two of us got to chatting about things and I mentioned the possibility of having a quarry near Rockhammer Hold.

Evan replied:

“Really? Have you talked to Dain Rockbreaker? He and his crew were headed up towards Silverymoon Pass to look for work at a quarry. Maybe you can talk to them?”

I thanked Evan for the information, and located them in a nearby tavern, called the Halfling Toss. I don't remember too much of the night, but I know it was a good one. Additionally, Dain and company will be arriving soon to determine if a quarry is in our best interests in this location, and will give us a report on his findings.
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: End of Week Report - Flamerule 18th (night)   End of Week Report - Flamerule 18th (night) Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 7:09 pm

Evan Barksdale, high priest of the Temple of Helm in Temel clears his throat and steps forward.

“Kind sirs, the small thorp of Temel to the south is in dire need. We have had a near-epidemic outbreak of a rare sickness known as Lisfranc disease. It is not contagious from person to person but nearly every one of our 34 inhabitants has it in some stage. I lack the skill to cure the people myself so we were forced to summon the antidotes from Silverymoon.

Last night the wagon carrying the medicine was overtaken by highwaymen. Strange, as the blue crate with the antidote was the only item stolen. Please, I beg of your help. Retrieve the medicine and save our town!”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: End of Week Report - Flamerule 18th (night)   End of Week Report - Flamerule 18th (night) Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 7:09 pm

We will offer all the help we can. If no one else wants to send a team I would be glad to.
Back to top Go down
Mikey

Mikey

Number of posts : 8

Character Sheet
Name: Lozigee
Level: 1st
Race/Class: Halfling Rogue

PostSubject: Re: End of Week Report - Flamerule 18th (night)   End of Week Report - Flamerule 18th (night) Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 7:10 pm

went to town…took the kids...had a nice field trip and made some coin for our efforts…found where the caravans start from in silverymoon…put in the good word told them to stop at stones throw along the way…put the barbarian on fighter training with little warrick…restocked the patio of stones throw…thinking about the party our prez suggested…maybe invite the merchants of these caravans to the festival, hire a bard or althalus’s strippers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: End of Week Report - Flamerule 18th (night)   End of Week Report - Flamerule 18th (night) Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 7:10 pm

Lander and me have spent the week making scrolls and turning a profit. I am happy to have access to new spells that will increase our productivity.

Marina, Rez'Qyrk, Syvgar, and Kelser were successfull in retrieving the treasure chest for the orcs. We made a pretty profit. The bad news is the chest they retrieved was a blue chest and it was the only thing they were directed to take. I am fairly certain our party has handed the medicine over to the orcs. I want to correct my mistake so I would like the responsibility of retrieving the chest once again.
Back to top Go down
Wil

Wil

Number of posts : 241

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

Kregnok frowns...

Am I to understand that our own people are responsible for the theft of the medicine that Evan Barksdale has hired us to retrieve? This is partly my fault, for not requesting more information, but Melisi... we need to have more details before we act in the future. Now we need to repair the damage we've caused... either we need to retreive the chest from the orcs, by theft, aggression, or diplomacy, or we need to find a means to replenish the medicine ourselves, or seek to find a permanent cure for those afflicted. This is a poor turn of events.
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

For the sake of moving things forward, and since it is late in the evening on the 18th, I’m going to move on to the next day and we will pick this up then, after an interesting morning.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: End of Week Report - Flamerule 18th (night)   End of Week Report - Flamerule 18th (night) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

End of Week Report - Flamerule 18th (night)
Page 1 of 1