Rock Hammer Hold

A private D&D Campaign for the LOD set in the Silver Marches of the Forgotten Realms.
 
HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 Going Home - Eleasis 3rd

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Number of posts : 953
Age : 50
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Going Home - Eleasis 3rd   Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:35 pm

Eleasis 3rd
H 91/L 71 Winds out of the north at 30 mph, .75” of rain

Closest Patrol Today:
Captain Aito arrives in the evening from Cholnudon

You awake the next morning and begin your trek back home. Cato June thanks you again for your efforts in the tomb and once again offers your reward money which you politely decline. "True heroes such as yourselves these parts have not seen in decades." he says with a smile.

On the return trip you try and contemplate where you left off before your latest incursion (which was only three days ago).

The day is going to be a scorcher and the dwarf asks for and receives a brief rest along the road home. President Kregnok stretches his arms out while you all take a break, “Ah, ‘tis good to be going home again.”

“Well,” chimes in Umberto, “we still have several issues to deal with at the keep.”

“Aye,” nods the dwarf, “the stone to be sold.”

“True, but I was also thinking of the situation with the orcs lead by Karg and Thar Grim-Rule. Obviously they must be up to something.”

“Aye,” says a more somber Kregnok, “there be the orcs to deal with.”

Umberto clears his throat, “Also we have the situation with Mr. M and,” the monk searches for the best word, “the bad vibe from Cholnudon.”

“Aye,” sighs the dwarf.

The ranger steps over, “Not to mention the Dekanter goblins hiding the entrance to their cave, the numerous warbands of orcs in the mountains, the missing hill giant, the doubling of ogres in the nearby cave, the orcs seen heading to Cholnudon by Panian, the Fey-ri ruins, the-“

“What da Dreadlord up to” blurts out Kelser.

The monk and the ranger point to the barbarian, “That’s right! The Black Knight still roams these lands.”

“Argh! Enough!” cries Kregnok.

“Gentlemen”, Tatyl says to break the silence, “My path leads me back to the Red Wizards of Thay Enclave. It has been an honor and a privilege to serve with you over the last few days. We the Red Wizards hope to prosper in this region and with your help, I believe we can. Good day, Heroes of Rock Hammer Hold,” she says with a smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.forumotion.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Going Home - Eleasis 3rd   Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:53 am

Kelser looks around to the rest of you then back at Tatyl. "You help us again in future, you good person."
Back to top Go down
Wil

Wil

Number of posts : 241
Age : 41
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Going Home - Eleasis 3rd   Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:22 am

Ah lass I'd almost forgotten ye weren't returnin' home with us. I don't think we'd have been able to do it without ye. You and yours are most welcome to visit anytime ye like, and I hope we can call on ye again in the future when we have need of yer talents.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brick

Brick

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-07-25

Character Sheet
Name:
Level:
Race/Class:

PostSubject: Re: Going Home - Eleasis 3rd   Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:06 pm

Tatyl smiles, "Thank you Kelser, thank you Kregnok. I look forward to working with you all again."

Tatyl waves to the rest of you before heading off to the Red Wizards Enclave.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Number of posts : 953
Age : 50
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Going Home - Eleasis 3rd   Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:14 pm

You continue your trek back to Rock Hamer Hold and it is not long before you enter the Valley and see your home for the first time in what seems like an eternity (again, in reality it was only three days).

As you near the keep you hear a trumpet blare from one of the guard towers along with a few friendly waves. Dominic orders the portcullis raised and barks out to those in the courtyard, "The Lords of the Hold return!"

Dominic shakes your hands and welcomes you back home and soon the area is filled with familiar faces. Ivan the cook comes out and wipes his hands on his apron before greeting you. Panian gives a silent nod. The blacksmiths put their tools down and come over to say hi. Heck, even Gravaar cracks a smile.

Immediately question pop up, "What happened?" , "What news from Wageton?" , "Where is Vadania?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.forumotion.com
Lou

Lou

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Going Home - Eleasis 3rd   Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:26 pm

Umberto smiles at the interest of the denizens of the keep. "Let's settle in for a bit then gather at the tavern for a bite to eat and drink. We will tell our story then. Thank you my friends, it is good to be home."

After we settle the monk works his way to the tavern and has a pint of beer, waiting for his companions to arrive. After Ivan begins to serve some food, Umberto begins to tell the tale.

"We entered the mausoleum, and were greeted by the undead, not the least of which was an OGRE! An OGRE ZOMBIE! Good gods! The cruelty! We returned a young girl who was trapped in the tombs and then proceeded into its depths...

-Several minutes later

" Hail to the peoples of the Silver Marches, hail to the heroes of Rockhammer Hold!" Umberto turns to his compatriots and bows graciously and with great flourish."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Number of posts : 953
Age : 50
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Going Home - Eleasis 3rd   Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:30 pm

Nice job! I especially like the "several minutes later" saving you from typing your speech all over again.

Everyone congratulates you on a job well done. Praises and pats on the back fill the room. Eventually everyone files out of the dinning hall (you don't have the tavern completed yet) and the handful of PCs remain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.forumotion.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Going Home - Eleasis 3rd   Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:42 pm

Lander Timmons strolls back, "I...I don't mean to sound pesimistic, and don't get me wrong, I think what you have done is grand, but...." Lander looks down at the floor before continuing, "Are you worried about the ramifications? Are we all not, here at the keep, in danger now? Certainly the Dreadlord will seek vengeance, won't he?"
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Going Home - Eleasis 3rd   Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:09 pm

"Indeed, retaliation is possible. But we cannot stand by allow chaos to wash over us. That is why we need speak straightaway of taking preparations of such things. The Dreadlord has his eye on the whole of the Marches, perhaps more. It is our job to unify against such attempts. That unification between the communities of the Silver Marches will serve as a powerful shield against the slew dangers that confront us."

"But before we reach out to others, it would be good to see where we stand on the status of the keep, in terms of money and manpower. We should try to wrap up the deal with the stone so we can have that money to work with. I believe we need to strengthen our numbers and quality of arms and armor. Dark times are ahead and I think a powerful showing here in Rockhammer would give strength to those in nearby towns."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Number of posts : 953
Age : 50
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Going Home - Eleasis 3rd   Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:27 pm

Sounds good.

Now let's plan on a week off. So everyone let me know what you are going to do, and don't forget your NPCs.

I think we had everyone respond via email with what you are going to do for the week? Does that sound right? Well, maybe we don't need to do that. Either way, chime in and let me know your plans for the week!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rockhammerhold.forumotion.com
Geoff

Geoff

Number of posts : 141
Age : 46
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Althalus
Level: 4th
Race/Class: Human Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Going Home - Eleasis 3rd   Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:04 pm

It's back to marching up and down the square for myself and Panian. In other words, we will be scouting, hunting and gathering in our normal routes for now, unless something comes along that would lead us to re-plot those routes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Going Home - Eleasis 3rd   

Back to top Go down
 
Going Home - Eleasis 3rd
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Russ Taff

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rock Hammer Hold :: Mercs :: Mercenary Timeline-
Jump to: