Rock Hammer Hold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rock Hammer Hold

A private D&D Campaign for the LOD set in the Silver Marches of the Forgotten Realms.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A new captain - Eleint 4th

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

A new captain - Eleint 4th Empty
PostSubject: A new captain - Eleint 4th   A new captain - Eleint 4th Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 4:39 pm

A new captain - Eleint 4th 7587bca2b739485ab561ecc01eeb0598 H 81/L 61, winds out of the NE at 15 mph

Closest Patrol Today:
Captain Thulver departs in the morning for Cholnudon
Captain Aito arrives in the evening from Cholnudon

Dominic enters the cafeteria, “M’lords, Captain Thulver wanted to see you before he left.”

You exchange glances with each other, not sure who he is talking about, “Sure….send him in.”

Umberto snaps his fingers, “Ah, I got it. He was a captain of one of the Everlund Pass patrols. I remember Kevian speaking of him when I was in Temel long ago.”

Seconds later a distinguished looking man dressed in polished platemail enters, first removing his helm before speaking, “Good day sirs. My name is Jonus Thulver and I have been away on sabbatical for the past few months as I strengthened my faith in Tyr and have recently returned to active duty. Captain Aito, who noticed that Captain Kremmel had gone missing from his patrol, appointed me to lead it in the interim. Now that you are back, I await your orders.” He says with a slight bow.
Back to top Go down
https://rockhammerhold.forumotion.com
Lou

Lou

Number of posts : 368

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: A new captain - Eleint 4th   A new captain - Eleint 4th Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 10:16 am

Umberto will make sure that Captain Thulver, and the other Captains know of the death of Kremmel in Rivenroar.

"Welcome Captain. I am glad for your strengthened faith, we all shall need to steel ourselves in the coming days. Do you have contingent of soldiers for a patrol?"
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: A new captain - Eleint 4th   A new captain - Eleint 4th Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 10:44 am

“I do, m’lord, I have the men from Kremmel’s patrol. Although they lack the discipline needed to be effect but I feel I can bring that out in them.” Captain Thulver starts to walk away, “By the way, how did Kremmel meet his end?”
Back to top Go down
Blaine

Blaine

Number of posts : 97

Character Sheet
Name: Xune
Level: 4
Race/Class: Drow/Avenger

PostSubject: Re: A new captain - Eleint 4th   A new captain - Eleint 4th Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 12:54 pm

Bastion wiill cough a little and say, under his breath, "Berto..?"
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Number of posts : 368

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: A new captain - Eleint 4th   A new captain - Eleint 4th Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 8:49 pm

Damn it, not auto watching once you reply.

"I look forward to you working with us. I could always use another eye on the road. Do you plan to alternate with Cap. Aito and Thulver?"

"Kremel met his end trying to lead an escape from Rivenroar, it was horrific. Anything else Captain?"
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: A new captain - Eleint 4th   A new captain - Eleint 4th Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 9:07 pm

"Do you mean myself, Captain Aito, and Captain Enyser? Actually all three of us are on active duty and Captain Aito was considering asking about a 4th patrol. I'm sure he will approach you about it soon."

Captain Thulver raises an eybrow at Umberto's last sentence, "Leading an escape? Hmmm. Well, I should be on my way. Good day sirs."

That wraps things up for the 4th, on to the 5th of Eleint!
Back to top Go down
Geoff

Geoff

Number of posts : 141

Character Sheet
Name: Althalus
Level: 4th
Race/Class: Human Ranger

PostSubject: Re: A new captain - Eleint 4th   A new captain - Eleint 4th Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 9:10 pm

What Umberto means, Thulver, is whether you are alternating with Capt. Aito or if you have different patrol routes. Obviously he wouldn't ask you if you were alternating with yourself! *spirited laughter*

EDIT: Okay, that is what I get for not pressing send right away! The DM sneaks in a reply. Sneaky fucking Russian!
Back to top Go down
Blaine

Blaine

Number of posts : 97

Character Sheet
Name: Xune
Level: 4
Race/Class: Drow/Avenger

PostSubject: Re: A new captain - Eleint 4th   A new captain - Eleint 4th Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 12:56 am

Bastion took the time during the discussion to finish his meal. He will join Captain Thulver on his patrol. (since he is not occupied and would like to refamiliarize himself with the surrounding area)
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: A new captain - Eleint 4th   A new captain - Eleint 4th Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 9:16 pm

Bastion waves goodbye to his comrades and sets off with Captain Thulver on his patrol.

It is still mid-morning when the patrol reaches what is left of Temel. You can see a handful of Temelites gathering what little they can from the rubble left when the orcs vacated. It is a sad day for a lot of people, but it does bring them some closure to the village they had lived in. Captain Thulver shakes his head, “I feel I picked the wrong time to take a leave.”

After Thulver touches base with the Temelites he presses his patrol along, knowing they have a long day ahead.

During the trek, Thulver find himself next to Bastion. He explains how this patrol has grown lax under the guidance of Captain Kremmel. At first you think it is just the paladin in him talking, but you can see it as well. They hardly give passing merchants a second look. Thulver snaps at them and reluctantly they get to their inspection.

About an hour later the southbound patrol of Captain Thulver meets the northbound patrol of Captain Aito. Thulver and Aito speak in private for a minute; you think you hear them discuss a meeting with Umberto before leaving. As both patrols depart, Thulver mumbles under his breath, “Cholnudon. The worst part of this patrol.”

It is late in the evening when the patrol drags themselves into Cholnudon. You can sense Thulver tensing up as you enter this nefarious town. The patrol, seems oddly at ease. Thulver orders camp made just inside the gates and the troops seem surprised as they shrug off equipment. Grudgingly they set up camp before running off to a local watering hole. Thulver shakes his head, “Kremmel…..unbelievable”.

You decide to take in the sights of Cholnudon for yourself. Sure enough, it is hole-in-the-wall town, filled with shifty characters, swindlers, crooks, and con-artists. You end up at a tavern called the Fiery Bear. A few of the patrolmen are drinking it up. You find a secluded corner and keep an eye on things.

A few hours later a man who looks slightly familiar enters the tavern and goes over to the patrolmen. He seems quite agitated about something. You think you overhear the name “Drek” in reference of the man. He seems to be asking the patrol about something to which they shrug their shoulders. One of the patrolmen says something and everyone leans in close to hear his whispers. At one point me motions with his head over to you. Drek nods his head and leaves the tavern through the front door. Just as he exits, he casts a quick glance your way.

Curiosity gets the best of you and you duck out of the tavern to follow Drek. You catch a glimpse of a shadowy figure ducking down an alley and quickly you move. The alleyway opens up a bit wider about 50 feet down it and in your haste you nearly bump into an old lady holder her cat. The cat hisses at you and you are distracted for a moment. She gives you the evil eye and by the time you look back for Drek you see nothing. A trio of bums warm themselves in the night air next to a small campfire. You approach, ready to ask if they saw anyone when you catch the reflection of steel hidden under their clothes. These guys are pretty big as well, muscles ripple underneath their tattered clothes. Stopping dead in your tracks you look around. Three men with crossbows slung over their shoulders walk along balconies above you.

Wow. You are in way over your head. Slowly and cautiously you backtrack down the alley and head back to camp. “Scary place, isn’t?” replies Thulver, “Full of snakes.”

The trip back to Rock Hammer the next day (Eleint 6th) is mostly uneventful. You do run across two merchant caravans that thank you profusely for what you and your comrades did in Temel, “The Pass is a much better place since you’ve been around.” Thulver pats you on the back, “You are doing great things here my friend. I know these mountains can weigh a man down, but we must remain strong in these trying times.”

In the early evening, just south of Temel, three riders in platemail approach. The one in the lead orders your patrol to stop. You overhear one of the patrolmen groan, “only thing worse than a paladin, a paladin with more rank.” You snicker to yourself as you and Thulver approach the trio.

“Sir Horace Danim of Tyr, always a pleasure to-“

“Report Thulver! What news?”

Captain Thulver grimaces for a second, “In regards to Holt Burukhan? None sir.”

“None!?!” roars Horace, “What are those idiots up to at Rock Hammer?!?”

Captain Thulver motions you, “I assure you they have been quite busy, just in this last week they have freed Temel and eradicated the Broken Tusks from the-“

“Silence!” shouts Horace. He leans down from his horse to nearly get in Thulver’s face, “I care not about orcs and goblins. I seek true evil in these mountains! Tell those children at Rock Hammer to stop hiding behind their mother’s dress and fight the good fight like men!”

With that Horace and his associates ride off in a cloud of dust.

Thulver’s jaw clenches several times before he orders everyone to move out. He doesn’t say another word the rest of the trip.

Ok, the ends Bastion’s little side-trek. Blaine, consider yourself back at the keep on the morning of Eleint the 7th.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new captain - Eleint 4th   A new captain - Eleint 4th Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A new captain - Eleint 4th
Page 1 of 1