Rock Hammer Hold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rock Hammer Hold

A private D&D Campaign for the LOD set in the Silver Marches of the Forgotten Realms.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th Empty
PostSubject: Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th   Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 2:23 pm

Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th 14826ddb2dd14ff092b79151f18de87f
Eleasis 30th
H 76/L 56 – Winds out of the North at 25 mph, .3/4” of rain

Closest Patrol Today (7):
Captain Kremmel arrives in the morning from Cholnudon
Captain Ensyer departs in the morning to Cholnudon

The next morning arrives and the eight of you set out for what was known to you as the Fey-ri Ruins. This area is about 10 miles south of the Valley and you decide to forgo the Everlund Pass as it would require you to travel through Temel.

Along the way you pass through what was once the Bugbear camp. Umberto giggles as he retells the story about how he convinced the goblins to attack the bugbears

From here you travel along a narrow valley between mountain peaks; on your west in the mountain that contains Temel at its peak. It is just after mid-day that you arrive at the Kotror entrance.

Althalus goes on to explain what lies ahead, “I have not ventured very far into this complex but I did notice that one of the side passages was blocked up.”

Senesus gives a sharp look at the ranger, like she didn’t like what she heard.

So, it’s time for a marching order. We can go two PCs wide in this first section at least. Here is a quick rundown of who is all is here:

Umberto – 4th level monk
Kregnok – 3rd level cleric
Althalus – 4th level ranger
Hasimir – 2nd level rogue
Kelser – 2nd level barbarian
Otihand – 1st level fighter
Tian – 1st level wizard
Senesus – 6th level ranger
Back to top Go down
https://rockhammerhold.forumotion.com
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th   Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 12:17 pm

Did I mention it is time for a marching order?
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Number of posts : 368

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th   Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 12:42 pm

Weird I thought I posted this yesterday....

Kelser-Hasimir
Kregnok-Umberto
Senesus-Tian
Althalus-Otihand
Back to top Go down
Jordykins

Jordykins

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Character Sheet
Name:
Level:
Race/Class:

PostSubject: Re: Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th   Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 1:04 pm

he's the boss
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th   Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 1:33 pm

You all take a deep breath and plunge into the mountain. “Aye, these caves have been around a long, long time,” exclaims Kregnok, “well worn, natural caverns. Not man made.”

“Dwarf made, maybe” questions Umberto with a smirk.

The dwarf deadpans the monk, showing no signs of amusement.

About seventy-five feet in the passageways widen up to a larger, circular area. Bits of old, broken wood litter the center. Senesus bends down to examine. “Probably a guard house of some sort, from long ago.”

A flicker of light shines on the passageway walls from ahead, and collectively you hold your breath. Then comes an earth shattering thud of metal on stone. Everyone immediately grasps their weapons, all eyes on the passageway ahead.

THUD!

Comes the crashing noise again.

THUD!

THUD!

At almost regular intervals. Althalus whispers between the noises, “Sounds like it is coming from-“

THUD!

“Right about where that mysterious wall is.”

THUD!

THUD!

Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th F8d2cf5f909943bba698e8e74b709b05

You are in the circular room in the middle, and cannot yet see the two passageways beyond, nor the blue wall.
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th   Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 6:01 pm

Umberto will give everyone the hold signal and then motion for Hasimir to check it out. The monk will follow him, several paces behind, moving quietly.
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th   Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 1:04 pm

The two of you silently creep ahead and poke your head around the corner to see the rest of the above map.

A large minotaur-like creature bangs away on a stone wall that encloses the entire left passageway. Around him is a crowd of about a dozen drow, looking on. The creature continues to bash away on the seemingly normal wall, but every time his war hammer strikes, the wall would shimmer with a faint blue hue.

“Enough!” shouts a drow wearing a dark black cloak. The minotaur-like thing drops his warhammer and bows his head in obedience. The drow speaker holds a chain in his left hand and give it a quick tug.

“Please….no more.” You quietly hear from the crowd, which quickly takes two steps back and forms a circle. It is difficult to make out from here, looking between the circle of drow, but an individual sits on the ground with a steel collar around its throat which is attached to the chain wielded by the drow leader. Dried blood stains cover his back.

“Please…I told you all I know.”

The drow snaps the chain sending the individual to the ground, yelping in pain. “Not good enough.”

The drow leader paces around the prisoner, “You failed to mention that wall, didn’t you!”

“I-I knew nothing….nothing of the-“

“SILENCE!” the drow in the black cloak yells, and another quick snap of the chain sends the prisoner to the ground again

“Mi’lord,” speaks one of the other drow, “we can obtain a runestone to open this wall.”

“I am aware of that!” shouts the black cloak drow, “but that is all the way back to Szith. One day there, one day back, we are already far enough behind schedule as it is.”

Complete silence for at least a minute, the drow leader thinking to himself and the rest of the drow too intimidated to speak out.

“Please…please” moans the prisoner.

In a flash the leader draws his dagger and slashes at the shackled prisoner’s neck, who immediately tries his best to hold the wound shut with his hands. The drow adjusts his cloak and storms through the crowd heading down the far passageway.

“Dispose of the body”

The rest of the drow fall in line behind their leader heading deeper into the Underdark. One drow stops just outside of the clearing and throws something toward the bleeding individual from a belt pouch. Seconds later those items grow into giant cockroaches who close in on their victim as the drow vanish into the Underdark.
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th   Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 2:37 pm

"Blasted drow! This has grown worse than we could have imagined. Senesus, any thoughts? We need to get to the hermit, but this must be noted with the greatest of urgency, what are they up to?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th   Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 3:57 pm

Nearly in a panic, Senesus blurts out, "I know not! But we must save the fey'ri! He has answers!"

Agree/disagree?
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th   Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 4:01 pm

Let's get to it! AGREED! KEEEYAH!
Back to top Go down
Jordykins

Jordykins

Character Sheet
Name:
Level:
Race/Class:

PostSubject: Re: Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th   Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 5:46 pm

also byahhhhh!
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th   Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 6:45 pm

Awesome!

Here is our new map, and I’m going to give Umberto, Hasimir, and Senesus a surprise round before I roll init. So get yer bug stomping boot on and, well, stomp them!

Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th 5c78e9546bba4573832f3932ff4d4563
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th   Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 2:05 pm

Moving to I-8 and Stunning Attack on Cd! Take that bug!
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th   Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 2:37 pm

• The monk dives into action and judo-chops giant cockroach D with stunning fist, and it connects! All eight of its legs wobble for a second but the bug quickly regains its composure but not before taking some serious (max) damage.

• Senesus steps up and quickly fires two arrows at cockroach A, both shots are true and the bug lets out a chittering squeal as both arrows do max damage (I’m on fire with the d8 today!)

Hasimir is last for the surprise round then it is init!

Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th B40e8ac00ab94aca8ba9b5977151c3f8
Back to top Go down
Jordykins

Jordykins

Character Sheet
Name:
Level:
Race/Class:

PostSubject: Re: Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th   Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 9:55 pm

Hasimir will move to h-11 and throw a shurikan at roach c...

*now am I allowed to draw my sword as well... or is that too much... do I even need to worry about that stuff in this campaign.... insert ?'s wherever they apply please.
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th   Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 3:43 pm

Good point Jordykins. Herein lies the confusion between 3rd edition (the Mercenary campaign) and 4th edition (Journey to Moonsea), which is why I’m going to convert this campaign (most likely) to 4th edition at some point

Normally in 3rd you drawing your weapon would be your move action, and your move would be your second action. But I think it would be reasonable to think that you already had your weapon drawn so you can move and throw this round, and drawing your weapon would happen next round. So, here are the results:

Hasimir sprints forward and whips his shurikan at cockroach C which catches the bug in the back for a small amount of damage.

Round 1 INIT!

23 – Senesus
22 – Giant cockroaches
21 – Althalus
19 – Hasimir
10 – Kelser
7 – Kregnok
5 – Tian
3 – Umberto
1 - Otihand

• Senesus fires two more shots from her longbow on Cockroach A and once again, both shots are true (first one was max, again!) and drops it.

• Cockroaches B and D converge on Umberto, and both of them connect. The second one just misses on a crit since he didn’t confirm it with a second hit.

• Cockroach C bites at Hasimir but misses.

Althalus is up!

Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th Ed4972fd30b44a36b210a89c72a9d314
Back to top Go down
Geoff

Geoff

Number of posts : 141

Character Sheet
Name: Althalus
Level: 4th
Race/Class: Human Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th   Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 8:06 pm

Althalus will take a 5ft step forward, pull his bow and fire a shot at Cc.
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th   Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 8:35 pm

• Althalus steps up and fires an arrow right into the side of cockroach C, dropping it to “lime”

Round 1 INIT!

23 – Senesus - scored two hits, dropping cockroach A
22 – Giant cockroaches - Two of them hit Umberto
21 – Althalus - Fired and hit cockroach C
19 – Hasimir
10 – Kelser
7 – Kregnok
5 – Tian
3 – Umberto
1 – Otihand

Hasimir is up!

Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th 39714cb1ede8455792e38e2ef3161ad6

Last edited by Sam the DM on Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jordykins

Jordykins

Character Sheet
Name:
Level:
Race/Class:

PostSubject: Re: Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th   Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 9:15 pm

Hasimir will attack Cc with his +1 rapier...
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th   Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 4:39 pm

• Hasimir jabs at the cockroach but misses.

• Kelser comes charging around the corner and takes a swing on cockroach D but misses.

Round 1 INIT!

21 – Althalus - fired and hit cockroach C
19 – Hasimir – swung and missed on cockroach C
10 – Kelser – moved, swung and missed on cockroach D
7 – Kregnok -
5 – Tian
3 – Umberto
1 – Otihand

Kregnok is up! (Wil-um might be away so I’ll go for him in a day or so if we don’t hear back from him)

Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th 161752385a724316a67b0525a60a51b4
Back to top Go down
Wil

Wil

Number of posts : 241

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th   Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 11:57 pm

Kregnok will double move to I-9 and prepare to patch up Lou's battleship.
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th   Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 1:19 pm

• Kregnok rushes forward, issuing a dwarven battle cry and smashes into the back of Kelser, who was already in square I9, pushing the barbarian forward a square to H9. (It’s all good, I just thought it sounded funnier this way).

• Tian mutters something under her breath, something like, “I should have been a 4th edition 1st level wizard” before she curses again, and moves forward.

Round 1 INIT!

21 – Althalus - fired and hit cockroach C
19 – Hasimir – swung and missed on cockroach C
10 – Kelser – moved, swung and missed on cockroach D
7 – Kregnok – moved into combat
5 – Tian – move forward
3 – Umberto
1 – Otihand

Umberto is up!

Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th B8ea71d5775d4c1bb6525801fc7dff30
Back to top Go down
Wil

Wil

Number of posts : 241

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th   Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 2:53 pm

Bah... see what I get for lookin' at the map instead of reading the posts? Eh... wot can ye do.
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th   Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 11:20 am

Umberto! What are you doing? Done/Guard?!?!
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th   Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 3:05 pm

The monk will take another swing at Roach D, then take a five foot step back. Also to note, AC is now 17 (with Bracers, Ring, Amulet, Dex and Wis) and my damage is 1d8 wif my fists
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th   Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Underdark to Temel - Eleasis 30th
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next