Rock Hammer Hold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rock Hammer Hold

A private D&D Campaign for the LOD set in the Silver Marches of the Forgotten Realms.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Rule of Three Campaign

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

The Rule of Three Campaign Empty
PostSubject: The Rule of Three Campaign   The Rule of Three Campaign Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 6:04 pm

The next campaign is tenatively being called the "Rule of Three" Campaign. We won't start it until our current one (the Mercenaries) is over, and for a hint of when that will be, well, you'll all be 30th level at the end of that. The Adventure path you are on is 19 adventures long. Right now, we are just starting the 6th one (The Temple Between).

Depending on how you fare in this current campaign, will have an effect on how the next one starts. The Rule of Three campaign will be set in the Forgotten Realms world, and will start in Rock Hammer Hold, but it will be just over 100 years into the future from where we end the Mercenary campaign.

Everyone will have three characters. You'll have a higher level character, a lower level characater (say 4-5 levels below your high characater), and then everyone will have a non-adventuring characater that is somehow tied in with Rock Hammer, like the mayor, or the captain of the guard, high priest at a temple, etc. Each of your three characters will have some sort of relationship with each other, whether it be by blood, by friendship, or shared experiences. So your characters might look something like this:

• Fred, 5th level Human Warden

• Greg, 1st level elf Warlock

• Ted, leader of the merchant's guild in Rock Hammer

Say Fred is Ted's son, and Fred and Greg grew up together and attended the same schools. Ideally I'd like all of you to play something completely different in your two adventuring characters, just so things don't get boring for you.

I'll have backgrounds for all the current PCs (Umberto, Kregnok, Bastion, Althalus, Loziee, and Grognak) and what happened to them from the end of the Merc campaign until they passed away. So you can play a decendant of any of the original characters, or have a completely new character. You can also choose all of the new 4th edition races (goliath, eladrin, etc).

Feel free to chat about some of your ideas of who you want to play down the road (but it seriously might be 2011 before we start this). I'll throw more of my thought in that thread as I think of them.
Back to top Go down
https://rockhammerhold.forumotion.com
Jordykins

Jordykins

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Character Sheet
Name:
Level:
Race/Class:

PostSubject: Re: The Rule of Three Campaign   The Rule of Three Campaign Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 4:40 pm

I really like this idea and I'm pretty psyched about it. I do think it's funny that Mr. Sam thinks we will finish the mercenaries campain this by 2011 pfshhhhhh have you seen us play Sam?
Back to top Go down
Blaine

Blaine

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Xune
Level: 4
Race/Class: Drow/Avenger

PostSubject: Re: The Rule of Three Campaign   The Rule of Three Campaign Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 4:57 pm

Sweet!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rule of Three Campaign   The Rule of Three Campaign Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Rule of Three Campaign
Page 1 of 1