Rock Hammer Hold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rock Hammer Hold

A private D&D Campaign for the LOD set in the Silver Marches of the Forgotten Realms.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Free Time? - Kythorn 25th

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

Free Time? - Kythorn 25th Empty
PostSubject: Free Time? - Kythorn 25th   Free Time? - Kythorn 25th Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 6:15 pm

Ok, we have come to the conclusion of the introductory phase of the Mercenaries of Rockhammer Hold. For the first 24 days I had everything planned out, what NPCs will visit on what days, when you will have free time, etc.

Now, you are on your own.

I think the best way to do this is going to be in one week increments. If you want to do something that takes two weeks or a month, no problem. Your first batch of NPCs, the seven that showed up, were free. You won’t get any more NPCs showing up at Rockhammer until your guild gets to 2nd level (you are about half way there). As always, you are free to hire your own NPCs or hirelings. Also, if you haven’t already voted in the “Who should be President” poll, you should do so now.

After this first week, we will have one month under our belts. Which means it will be time to pay your NPCs. I think, for the sake of simplicity, that we’ll have every NPC so far, to be paid 10 gp a month.

So, let’s all put down here what they are going to do this week. Also you should include any ideas you have for the keep, like we should hire guards, or build something, or we need to deal with the bugbears. Then the president will make it happen or not, or maybe make a certain person in charge of completing a task for Rockhammer.
Back to top Go down
https://rockhammerhold.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Free Time? - Kythorn 25th   Free Time? - Kythorn 25th Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 6:16 pm

Melisi says, "I will be visiting the red wizards and seeing if they are in need of any services. I would like to take both my hirelings as protection to their stronghold. I also think we should definetly hire guards and do something about the bugbears. I will continue to visit town and look for useful information and work. But the most important task I have before me is to scribe as many scrolls and other documents to accumulate wealth, I gotta pay some bills at the end of the month. If anyone needs any scrolls or certain information please feel free to ask and I'll see what I can do."
Back to top Go down
Geoff

Geoff

Number of posts : 141

Character Sheet
Name: Althalus
Level: 4th
Race/Class: Human Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Free Time? - Kythorn 25th   Free Time? - Kythorn 25th Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 6:16 pm

I will try and keep to a regular schedule of 1 day at the club, 2-3 days hunting and gathering and 2-3 days at the stronghold, the extra time allowing for travel. I also want to continue to build my relationship with the poison broker. When needed, I will guide the carpenter to the duskwood grove to gather what supplies we would need. Due to the time that I will spend away from the keep, I am going to nominate the dwarf to direct traffic around here.
Back to top Go down
Wil

Wil

Number of posts : 241

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

Kregnok will accept the task of manager, and will direct the flow of traffic over the next few weeks. In the mean time, he and his two smithy hirelings will continue to swell the armory with an assortment of weapons and armor, primarily focusing on weapons and armor useable by the people in the keep first. Additionally, Kregnok will request that those traveling to town on a frequent basis ask around for contract smithy requests, as that will enable him and his smiths to devote more time to creating the items for both the armory and any requests that come forward.
Back to top Go down
Wil

Wil

Character Sheet

Althalus: I'm not sure what your role in the club is, but maybe you could direct your contacts there to begin spreading the word about us.

Melisi: I'm placing you in charge of evaluating our needs and hiring guards to maintain Rockhammer Hold's defenses.

Umberto: I'm placing the bugbear problem into your capable hands. If possible, I agree that the goblins should be used as best possible. If they fail however, I expect the bugbears to not be able to trace things back to us.

and, if possible, the other two will be placed in charge of agriculture/livestock aquisition, as deer/rabbit/skunk stew is getting a bit tiresome. Ideally, a sizeable purchase of base staples: grains, rice, salt, spices, and plantable seeds/vegetables would be ideal. I'm not certain a sustainable "garden" will be practical in the courtyard, but perhaps a nearby tillable area could be created and maintained. Additionally, provisions for storing meats and water should be considered, in the event of a prolonged "difficulty."

and, no new taxes, read my lips...
Back to top Go down
Geoff

Geoff

Number of posts : 141

Character Sheet
Name: Althalus
Level: 4th
Race/Class: Human Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Free Time? - Kythorn 25th   Free Time? - Kythorn 25th Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 6:17 pm

You got it, Kreg. I will get the girls on it... they are good at that.
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Number of posts : 368

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Free Time? - Kythorn 25th   Free Time? - Kythorn 25th Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 6:17 pm

I will take the goblin and the orc with me to attempt a pa-pa-parlay. I am ready to offer them a sum of money or goods to attack the bugbears. I will give them a contract which i will have the goblin draft (very good forgery skill) that resembles infernal writing, alluding to the Tannaruks, just in case. Risky? Yes. Exciting? Oh yes!

Outside of that I will sell off my poisons and make contacts with a carpenter in Wageton to start our little village. While I am there, I will check to see if anyone has any idea how farm or garden, I know I haven't the slightest idea how that works.

Gravaar will continue hunting, the goblin will continue with poisons. Perhaps we could manage some livestock? Just something to think about.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Free Time? - Kythorn 25th   Free Time? - Kythorn 25th Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 6:18 pm

As far as guards go, I don't know if my hirelings would be the best choice, if anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Number of posts : 953

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Free Time? - Kythorn 25th   Free Time? - Kythorn 25th Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 6:18 pm

I got a suggestion, go hire some guards! You're an English major, right?
Back to top Go down
https://rockhammerhold.forumotion.com
Wil

Wil

Character Sheet

Melisi: I'm placing you in charge of evaluating our needs and hiring guards to maintain Rockhammer Hold's defenses

Bastion: I'm assuming you're going to be crafting during this time, unless you have a special project in mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Free Time? - Kythorn 25th   Free Time? - Kythorn 25th Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Free Time? - Kythorn 25th
Page 1 of 1