Rock Hammer Hold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rock Hammer Hold

A private D&D Campaign for the LOD set in the Silver Marches of the Forgotten Realms.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Visiting the Stronghold - Kythorn 2nd

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

Visiting the Stronghold - Kythorn 2nd Empty
PostSubject: Visiting the Stronghold - Kythorn 2nd   Visiting the Stronghold - Kythorn 2nd Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 2:56 pm

Day 2

Early the following morning the group meets outside of the Sundabar Gate in the southeast section of the city. As always, the group must wait for Lozigee.

“Are you sure about this ranger?” asks Kregnok.

Althalus folds the document and stuffs it in his shirt, “Not as sure as I was last night. I’ve been through Everlund Pass many times before, and I don’t recall ever seeing a keep.”

“Certainly not one that was uninhabited.” Adds Bastion.

“C’mon, it’s going to be totally sweet!” shouts Lozigee.

“All right then, lead on ranger.” barks Kregnok.

Soon the group sets off, the trek is reasonable quiet. Everyone seems to be in deep thought as what to do if this keep does exist and is really theirs.

The group has trekked down the Everlund Pass toward Everlund as the sun nears the horizon when Althalus stops to look at the map. After a couple of confused looks at the map and at a line of trees and rock, the ranger presses into the woods. A few seconds later Althalus pokes his head out.

“It’s this way.”

Beyond a line of trees and rock is a slim and windy valley heading north. A couple hundred yards up the valley and the keep is in view.

“Wahoo! I knew it was here!” shouts Lozigee as he breaks into a run.

“Git back here you foolish halfling!” shouts Kregnok, “you don’t even know what’s in the keep!”

You all stand in dead silence for a few minutes scanning the keep for any signs of movement.

“C’mon,” says Umberto, “It is going to get dark soon.”

Apprehensively the group approaches the keep. The north side of the keep is butted up against the mountain wall in a very defensible position. Both front gates are open, and with weapons draw you carefully creep into the keep’s interior. The north half of the keep houses several rooms, while two guard towers stand in the southeast and southwest corners.

“Ugh!”

Everyone turns, weapons in hand, toward the halfling.

“Duh, there’s no one here! And why would there? It’s our keep!”

As a group you carefully and methodically make a sweep through the keep (details on the Stronghold forum). No one is here. In fact, the rooms are all bare as if no one has ever lived here.

Kregnok shakes his head, “Magic. Like the keep appeared out of thin air or something.”

Melisi nods her head, “It could be. Thing about summoning spells, or wish spells, those things appear out of thin air. Why not a keep?”

“So, are we going to spend the night here?” asks Valen, “’cause I was wondering if we should drop the portcullis.”

The group locks down the keep for the night and everyone camps out in the kitchen area after a meager meal. Lozigee complains and says that the first order of business should be to hire a cook.

You start to awaken from your first night when Bastion alerts the others, “There is someone at the door!”

Everyone scrambles for weapons and scurries over to the front door. A long goblin stands on the other side of the portcullis.

Umberto comes up to the gate, “Um…yes?”

“Me “K’Gorsz, you hire?”

“Umberto continues, “Um…what?”

“Me K’Gorsz, you hire?”

Umberto continues, “Um…-“

“What do you do goblin?” asks the gruff Kregnok.

“Me do want you want. K’Gorsz and Gilm need home.”

“Um…Gilm?”

“Yea, Gilm.” K’Gorsz pulls a spider the size of a fist out of his pocket and shows the group. “Gilm my friend.”

Althalus’s eyes widen, “That is a poisonous spider he has.”

“Did he tame it?” asks Valen, “That could come in handy.”

“Wow, remind me not to go through his pockets,” says Lozigee.

“So bosses of keep, you hire K’Gorsz? Me works cheap.”

Last edited by on Mon May 21, 2007 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://rockhammerhold.forumotion.com
Lou

Lou

Number of posts : 368

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Stronghold - Kythorn 2nd   Visiting the Stronghold - Kythorn 2nd Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 2:57 pm

"I say we hire the little...fellas. Besides which one of us really wants to clean this keep? The goblin could be useful in that, and perhaps more. C'mon in K'Gorsz I'll show you around."
Back to top Go down
Wil

Wil

Number of posts : 241

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Stronghold - Kythorn 2nd   Visiting the Stronghold - Kythorn 2nd Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 2:58 pm

"Bah! Ya daft slipper wearin' monk! Are ye goin' to let every greenskin into this place, before they decide to turn against us and drive us from stone and hearth back to the wilds? Goblins be sneaky... how do we know he's trustable? How do we know he won't slit our throats in the middle of the night and let his foul friends in to feast on our corpses?"
Back to top Go down
Blaine

Blaine

Number of posts : 97

Character Sheet
Name: Xune
Level: 4
Race/Class: Drow/Avenger

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Stronghold - Kythorn 2nd   Visiting the Stronghold - Kythorn 2nd Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 2:58 pm

"Hmm, I must admit, the goblin's timing is a bit uncanny. Might I suggest we enlist his services for a probationary period. Also, this should allow us to gage how helpful he truly can be...not just another mouth to feed."
Back to top Go down
Geoff

Geoff

Number of posts : 141

Character Sheet
Name: Althalus
Level: 4th
Race/Class: Human Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Stronghold - Kythorn 2nd   Visiting the Stronghold - Kythorn 2nd Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 2:59 pm

"K’Gorsz, welcome!" Althalus flashes the goblin a smile. "Cpt PJs will show you around. I apologize for our accommodations being rather sparse at the moment, but we will find you a place to bed down." He puts a hand on the goblin's shoulder, "Listen friend, are there any special skills that you have? I have always found that workers are happiest doing what they know. What say you?"

"Speaking of... I will need to check on my girls at some point tomorrow, but not before scouting the area for wildlife and plants and such."
Back to top Go down
Wil

Wil

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Stronghold - Kythorn 2nd   Visiting the Stronghold - Kythorn 2nd Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 2:59 pm

"O fine... but i'll be watchin' ye. I'll be looking around... can't be a proper home without out a forge, after all. Surely there's a suitable place for a forge around here somewhere." Kregnok gives one last distrustful look at the goblin, and begins to scout the location of a forge within the keep.
Back to top Go down
Blaine

Blaine

Character Sheet

"Let me join you Kregnok. I could also use a workshop space as well." Bastion will catch up with Kregnok and assist int he search for a shared (or individual) space for crafting. I'd suggest constructing a roofed but open space just outside of the stables (south entrance).
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Stronghold - Kythorn 2nd   Visiting the Stronghold - Kythorn 2nd Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 3:00 pm

Actually you might just use the stables, no cost involved and I don't see any one you buying horses at this point.
Back to top Go down
Blaine

Blaine

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Stronghold - Kythorn 2nd   Visiting the Stronghold - Kythorn 2nd Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 3:00 pm

Good Point. "The stable area looks sizable for more than one craftsman. We could reduce the fire danger by laying more rock in one area. Good space for your forge Kregnok. What do you think?"
Back to top Go down
Wil

Wil

Character Sheet

"Aye, it'll do. A far cry from a good dwarven forge... but with time. We'll definately need a bit more rock would hate to burn down our new home, aye?"
Back to top Go down
Blaine

Blaine

Character Sheet

"Certainly. We could get started now if there are not other pressing or pending matters?"
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Stronghold - Kythorn 2nd   Visiting the Stronghold - Kythorn 2nd Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 3:01 pm

Wrapping up day 2....

Umberto has hired K'Gorsz, the Merc's first NPC!!

Kregnok - figure it will cost you 30 gp to put together your forge, which will give you armorsmith, blacksmith, and weaponsmith equipment.

Bastion - figure 10 gp to get bowyer/fletching equipment together.

Now, on to day 3....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Stronghold - Kythorn 2nd   Visiting the Stronghold - Kythorn 2nd Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Visiting the Stronghold - Kythorn 2nd
Page 1 of 1