Rock Hammer Hold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rock Hammer Hold

A private D&D Campaign for the LOD set in the Silver Marches of the Forgotten Realms.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Winds of Change - Eleint 7th

Go down 
+2
Blaine
Sam the DM
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

Winds of Change - Eleint 7th Empty
PostSubject: Winds of Change - Eleint 7th   Winds of Change - Eleint 7th Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 9:15 pm

Winds of Change - Eleint 7th E518e6e9ef3f43aebd9b74b586efa3cd H 71/L 51, winds out of the east at 25 mph

Patrols Today: A1
Captain Aito travels from Rock Hammer to Cholnudon
Captain Ensyer travels from Rock Hammer to Silverymoon
Captain Thulver rests at Rock Hammer
Captain Dominic defends Rock Hammer

Bastion, Captain Thulver, and the rest of the patrol arrive back at Rock Hammer with some news.
Back to top Go down
https://rockhammerhold.forumotion.com
Blaine

Blaine

Number of posts : 97

Character Sheet
Name: Xune
Level: 4
Race/Class: Drow/Avenger

PostSubject: Re: Winds of Change - Eleint 7th   Winds of Change - Eleint 7th Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 9:35 pm

Upon arriving back home, bastion will immediately track down his fellow lords for an improptu meeting. He will relate his experiences while on patrol with Captain Thulver. (See last post from Eleint 4th.) After wrapping up his report, he will say, "It is apparent that the corruption of Cholnudon has seeped past the previous patrol officer and in to the very ranks of the guards. A man named Drek appraoched and confered openly with our guards and seemed tio be a known contact. Dispersing this patrol would be a very wise idea. In addition, the cabal which festers at the heart of Cholnudon appears to be prospering and possibliy even growing...if they are so bold as to influence our men. We may have to consider putting an end to their control or suffer later consequences to our people and the surrounding area."
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Number of posts : 368

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Winds of Change - Eleint 7th   Winds of Change - Eleint 7th Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 10:49 pm

"This is a problem and I ask my fellow lords their opinions. They would have been a thorn in our side whether we go involved with them or not. But now we have problem, how do we deal with them? Suggestions?"
Back to top Go down
Wil

Wil

Number of posts : 241

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Winds of Change - Eleint 7th   Winds of Change - Eleint 7th Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 2:52 pm

I would normally suggest we go to Cholnudon and crush some skulls, but I fear that would alienate those townspeople we would seek to friend. I suggest we attempt to identify the forces in that town, and attempt to remove the head. Hopefully the body will then die down.
Back to top Go down
Geoff

Geoff

Number of posts : 141

Character Sheet
Name: Althalus
Level: 4th
Race/Class: Human Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Winds of Change - Eleint 7th   Winds of Change - Eleint 7th Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 6:32 pm

I like the idea of a "surgical strike" of sorts. I don't know how interested I am in befriending the citizenry, but we definitely need to set an example and let people know that we will not tolerate their misdeeds. On a related note, do we know why they were bribing our patrols? We know that they were doing it, but to what end? What were they having the patrols do in exchange for the bribes?
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Winds of Change - Eleint 7th   Winds of Change - Eleint 7th Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 12:10 am

Perhaps we could have one of our reliable but scandalous fellows to talk to the aforementioned patrol men as to their involvement with the thugs in Cholnuldon. Then we might be able to act, a bit more reconnaissance is needed in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Winds of Change - Eleint 7th   Winds of Change - Eleint 7th Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 9:43 am

As fate would have it, Captain Thulver marches into the common area of the keep with one of the patrolmen. Bastion recognizes him as the one who whispered something to Drek in Cholnudon days ago.

“Tell them what you told me” says the stern captain.

“Nothing, I didn’t do nothing wrong boss! That Drek guy came in to the Fiery Bear all mad about where was Kremmel and all that. Then I told him that you guys found him dead. That was it!”

Thulver gives him a harsh look, “What was Kremmel’s relation with Drek?”

“I dunno boss. Kremmel never let us know nothing. We hardly never saw him when we camped in Cholnudon, he would be gone all night. Sometimes we would leave the next day without him, but he would usually catch back up with us ‘bout around the time we got to Temel or so.”

Thulver glances over to you, waiting to see if you have anything to ask the patrolman before they leave.
Back to top Go down
Blaine

Blaine

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Winds of Change - Eleint 7th   Winds of Change - Eleint 7th Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 12:53 pm

"Guardsman...have you or have you witnessed any members of the guard taking money from citizens of Cholnydon?"
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Winds of Change - Eleint 7th   Winds of Change - Eleint 7th Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 12:22 am

"No boss," the guardsman replies, "Kremmel never let us near any of his contacts in Cholnudon or any where else."
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Winds of Change - Eleint 7th   Winds of Change - Eleint 7th Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 2:47 pm

After a pause the patrolman looks back at Thulver, who nods and the two of them leave the commons area. (He really didn’t have any more information anyways).

The afternoon winds pick up a bit as you gaze across the valley of your home. A handful of people approach and as they near you see two humans, a dwarf, an elf, and a halfling. The guard at the gates calls out to Captain Dominic, “The Free Riders seek shelter for the night.” A friendly wave from the captain ushers them into the keep.

You overhear a couple of the guards nearby, “Are they the ones who slew that black dragon not long ago?”

“No, you’re thinking of the Glorious Defenders. I don’t know much about these guys.”

The group stands just inside the gate, a female human that stands with a longbow slung over her shoulder, seems to be in charge.
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Winds of Change - Eleint 7th   Winds of Change - Eleint 7th Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 10:49 am

"Hail Free Riders, are you adventurers? What are you doing in these parts?"
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Winds of Change - Eleint 7th   Winds of Change - Eleint 7th Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 11:51 am

The woman smiles and nods, “Well met friends, I am Megan Swiftblade,” she motions to the dwarf, “this is Ragnum Dourstone,” then to the elf, “this is Sylen Leafrunner,” then over to the arcane human, “this is Ghena Tenson”, and last to the halfling, “and this is Madrick, and we are the Free Riders.”

Being the ambassador of Rock Hammer, Umberto introduces all of you as well.

Megan smiles politely and runs her hand though her short blonde hair. You notice a vicious scar that runs from her forehead to her left cheek. “We heed a call to arms in Overlook* on fears of an great orc invasion.”

*Overlook is a city on the Silverymoon Pass which is the east-west running road between Silverymoon and Sundabar. What once was a great dwarven city is now a dwarven run trading center set almost in the middle of the two cities.
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Winds of Change - Eleint 7th   Winds of Change - Eleint 7th Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 12:02 pm

(seriously, speak up monkeys!)
Back to top Go down
Blaine

Blaine

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Winds of Change - Eleint 7th   Winds of Change - Eleint 7th Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 4:31 pm

Is Overlook within our Patrol or even our Jurisdiction? If so, why have we not received any information regardling something this large? Not trying to be a jerk but we have some internal concerns right now as well...
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Winds of Change - Eleint 7th   Winds of Change - Eleint 7th Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 5:29 pm

Thanks for the response B!!

DM Note – Overlook is not within your patrol, and until I started reading this adventure path, it didn’t even exist. But it plays such a prominent and unique roll in this adventure path that me as the DM was forced to drop it into the map.

Also, this meeting with the Free Riders is a little foreshadowing to the next adventure. Who knows, you might run into them again…

Any more questions for the Free Riders?
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Winds of Change - Eleint 7th   Winds of Change - Eleint 7th Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 5:38 pm

Thanks Sam, players can be so stubborn sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Blaine

Blaine

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Winds of Change - Eleint 7th   Winds of Change - Eleint 7th Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 11:46 am

Stubborn? Confused was more like it...lol...

A "Great Orc Invasion"...can you Free Riders provide us with a possible timeline of when this may occur, the possible numbers of our enemies, or how many you plan to muster for the defense of this trading center?
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Winds of Change - Eleint 7th   Winds of Change - Eleint 7th Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 11:55 pm

Right on B!

Just a quick DM note here, if anyone is confused on anything we talk about in these forums feel free post your questions, I know I don’t always do a very good job of explaining what’s going on, or I might be referring to stuff you might not remember. The stuff in these threads doesn’t have to be 100% in character or anything like that.

Meanwhile back at the ranch….

Megan shakes her head, “We have no idea when it is going to happen, but we did get the impression it would be in the next week or so (in Faerun one week equals 10 days). As far as numbers we think,” she casts a quick glance back at Ragnum the dwarf who nods, “we think they may be in the thousands. It is feared this is the work of King Obould Many-Arrows and he is finally making his long-awaited assault on the Silver Marches.”

The Free Riders grow silent as that last tidbit of information sinks in.

“In regards to the defense of Overlook, the city has a fine standing army. They put out a call to adventuring parties for special side missions. I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t come asking you for help soon.”
Back to top Go down
Blaine

Blaine

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Winds of Change - Eleint 7th   Winds of Change - Eleint 7th Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 4:28 pm

Lords...thiis obviously sounds like it could effect all of those we know and care for. We certainly need to deal with the responsibilities and issues currently troubling our jurisdiction, but assisting in the defense of Overlook seems to be necessary as well. What say thee gentlemen?
Back to top Go down
Geoff

Geoff

Number of posts : 141

Character Sheet
Name: Althalus
Level: 4th
Race/Class: Human Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Winds of Change - Eleint 7th   Winds of Change - Eleint 7th Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 6:15 pm

I am all for it!
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Winds of Change - Eleint 7th   Winds of Change - Eleint 7th Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 6:39 pm

I don't want to hear any of this juris-my-diction talk. Let's sally forth and such!
Back to top Go down
Wil

Wil

Number of posts : 241

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Winds of Change - Eleint 7th   Winds of Change - Eleint 7th Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 8:07 pm

I agree. I have no doubt that this is related to the work of Thar, and that's certainly unfinished business in my eyes. We'll need to make arrangements for the care of the Hold in our absence, and attend to other details. Perhaps we can continue our discussions over a pint or perhaps some dinner?
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Winds of Change - Eleint 7th   Winds of Change - Eleint 7th Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 12:19 am

You all think back to the moment in Rivenroar when you killed Thar, and he layed bleeding at your feet:

"Ha, silly humans. Right now Karg marches on the Silver Marches with a army the size of legends......."

Good idea Kregnok, this will be a great opportunity to consider who will run Rock Hammer Hold if and when you guys are all gone adventuring. If needed you could also form a party of NPCs to go out and adventure or do recon, or whatever. Choose your interim president wisely!
Back to top Go down
Blaine

Blaine

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Winds of Change - Eleint 7th   Winds of Change - Eleint 7th Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 6:07 pm

The idea of an interim president is a good idea...but I also think forming a party of underlings could be very useful. I personally think we should impliment both.
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Winds of Change - Eleint 7th   Winds of Change - Eleint 7th Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 6:43 pm

Here is a list of NPCs at Rock Hammer, then here is a link to the NPC Roll Call that (most of them) have little write-ups on them. The DM needs to get off his arse and finish them up!

K'Gorsz (Umberto) Goblin Rogue
Gravaar (Umberto) Orc Barbarian
Marina (Umberto) Human Archer
Delek (Umberto) Human Monk
Rez'Gyrk (Melisi) Hobgoblin Cleric
Lander (Althalus) Human Artificer
Panian (Althalus) Half-Elf Ranger
Syvgar (Althalus) Half-Orc Rogue
Otihand (Kregnok) Dwarf Fighter
Tian Serpenthelm (Kregnok) Human Wizard
Kelser (Kregnok) Human Barbarian
Troy Percival (Kregnok) Human Paladin
Street Urchin Gang (Lozigee) four kids
Leera (Hasimir) Human Bard
Kevian Droverson (Rockhammer) Mayor
Evan Barksdale (Rockhammer) Town Priest
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winds of Change - Eleint 7th   Winds of Change - Eleint 7th Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winds of Change - Eleint 7th
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next