Rock Hammer Hold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rock Hammer Hold

A private D&D Campaign for the LOD set in the Silver Marches of the Forgotten Realms.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The mysterious Brass Key - Eleint 14th

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

The mysterious Brass Key - Eleint 14th Empty
PostSubject: The mysterious Brass Key - Eleint 14th   The mysterious Brass Key - Eleint 14th Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 11:36 pm

The mysterious Brass Key - Eleint 14th Cfbaa4f8615346c3a019da0f883d2bdd H 66/L 46, winds out of the north at 20 mph, 3/4 inch of rain

Patrols Today: B3
Captain Dominic travels from Rock Hammer to Silverymoon
Captain Aito rests at Rock Hammer
Captain Ensyer travels from Cholnudon to Rock Hammer
Captain Thulver defends Rock Hammer

Early morning winds atop the Nether Mountains wake you up and you groggily stumble over to the campfire to an already awake Kalad who fumbles with something in his hands.

“What is it Kalad?” you ask.

“I don’t know lad, I found this on that….dark woman as the boiling water filled the Nexus. Yes…I went through her pockets, don’t you be giving me that look.” The dwarf tosses you a brass cylinder.

You can tell it is a key, but it doesn’t look like it is for a door, leaving you to wonder why she had it and what it might unlock. It is a hollow brass tube six inches long, set with a round ring at one end and four flanges of differing length at the other. You are about to ask Kalad what he thinks it might be when you see him unfolding a piece of paper, “She had this on her as well, but I can’t make sense of it.”

You take the paper from Kalad and give it a once-over. It appears to be a contract between Karg and a person named Bezias for arms and tactical intelligence for an attack in the Silver Marches as well as the means to enter through the Nexus beneath the Nether Mountains. This Bezias supplied King Obould Many-Arrows with everything he needed to make this attack on the Silver Marches.

Bezias – the name sounds familiar. You search your memory for a bit to pinpoint the name. And then it comes to you in a snap. Bezias was an individual, perhaps a tiefling, who assisted the Broken Tusks tribe. He was last seen in Temel when he and Thar tore down the village after the orcs had claimed it as their own, looking for ancient artifacts that were later taken back to Rivenroar.

In fact, you had heard of Bezias before and knew someone who met him. That person was Nolan Cromwell, the representative from the 7th Ward in Silverymoon. Nolan mentioned how he got in a bind with a dead hooker and Bezias agreed to help him if Nolan would see to it that a law got pushed through that would give the nearby Gilshire Halflings rights to their land. This was the same law that the Broken Tusks used to claim Temel as their ancestral home. (Details of this encounter on Eleasis 17th ).

Hmmm, what could this all mean you wonder.

Kalad stands up and claps his hands, breaking your thought, “Well, we best get back to Overlook and give them the good news!”

Within the hour you are already packed up and heading back to Overlook.

Last edited by Sam the DM on Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bad spelling)
Back to top Go down
https://rockhammerhold.forumotion.com

The mysterious Brass Key - Eleint 14th
Page 1 of 1