Rock Hammer Hold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rock Hammer Hold

A private D&D Campaign for the LOD set in the Silver Marches of the Forgotten Realms.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Underground - Eleasis 2nd

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Geoff

Geoff

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Character Sheet
Name: Althalus
Level: 4th
Race/Class: Human Ranger

Underground - Eleasis 2nd - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Underground - Eleasis 2nd - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 1:23 pm

Althalus will loose another arrow at the Nagatha. If it hits Xeron again this round, that will be fine also.
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Number of posts : 953

Character Sheet
Name: Almighty DM
Level: Infinite
Race/Class: Very

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Underground - Eleasis 2nd - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 2:12 pm

Althalus - fires his arrow and his the nagatha, dropping it further into the red.

Syvgar - the nervous half-orc takes another fake attack on Umberto.

Round Three
27 - Xeron - drinks a potion
26 - Nagatha - attacks and hits Kelser three times
21 - Umberto - tumbles and attacks nagatha
19 - Kelser - attacks and hits nagatha
18 - Tatyl - attacks Xeron with wand of magic missile
17 - Althalus - fires and hits nagatha
10 - Half-orc - misses on Umberto
8 - Kregnok
4 - Leera
3 - Jeroog (hobgoblin)

Kregnok is up!
Back to top Go down
https://rockhammerhold.forumotion.com
Wil

Wil

Number of posts : 241

Character Sheet
Name: Kregnok
Level: 3rd
Race/Class: Dwarf Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Underground - Eleasis 2nd - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 3:06 am

5' step to the rear and cast Cure Moderate on Kelser
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Underground - Eleasis 2nd - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 12:26 pm

Kregnok - takes a step back and casts cure moderate wounds on Kelser, bringing him back up to up to "yellow".

Leera - stops singing to concentrate on her bow shot (effects last another 5 rounds), she takes aim on the nagatha but misses.

Jerrog - takes a wild swing with his greataxe on Kelser but misses the barbarian (I rolled a "1")

Misc - at the end of the round, the nagatha disappears.

Round Four
27 - Xeron -
21 - Umberto -
19 - Kelser -
18 - Tatyl -
17 - Althalus -
10 - Syvgar -
8 - Kregnok
4 - Leera
3 - Jeroog -

Xeron - points his finger at Umberto and a greenish arrow flies to the monk and the acid burns him pretty badly, dropping him to "lime"

Umberto is up!

Underground - Eleasis 2nd - Page 10 E0270ae057b244fd9e5eec78fc127fb7
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Number of posts : 368

Character Sheet
Name: Ungoro Trollblood
Level: 6th
Race/Class: Half-Orc Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Underground - Eleasis 2nd - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 12:49 pm

Umberto will tumble to F7 and Stunning punch on Xeron, (to hit should be +6, and the DC 13 vs fort)Redirecting my dodge bonus to Xeron of course
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Underground - Eleasis 2nd - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 3:13 pm

Umberto - rolls and attacks Xeron delivering some damage (dropping him to "orange") but is unable to stun him.

Kelser - takes a wild swing on Jeroog but misses.

Tatyl - releases two more missiles from her wand, both hitting Xeron and dropping him to "red".

Round Four

27 - Xeron -
21 - Umberto -
19 - Kelser -
18 - Tatyl -
17 - Althalus -
10 - Syvgar -
8 - Kregnok
4 - Leera
3 - Jeroog -

Althalus is up!

Underground - Eleasis 2nd - Page 10 80771cc06bef4e8ba2cdac89f5bb036b
Back to top Go down
Geoff

Geoff

Number of posts : 141

Character Sheet
Name: Althalus
Level: 4th
Race/Class: Human Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Underground - Eleasis 2nd - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 7:10 pm

5ft step to C4 and fire an arrow at Xeron.
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Underground - Eleasis 2nd - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 1:52 pm

Althalus - nimbly slips around a statue and fires an arrow on Xeron and thanks to the two blesses going on, the shot hits it's target, and drops Xeron.

Syvgar - sees Xeron has fallen, he drops his short sword and backs up to the wall, raising his hands in surrender.

Jeroog (out of order, I know) Takes a quick glance at the body of Xeron and the reaction of Syvgar. The hobgoblin drops his greataxe and bull rushes Leera. She manages to dive to the ground and Jeroog bolts upstairs, fleeing for his life.

Kelser - drops out of Barbarian Rage, but remains in the "yellow"

Battle over!!!!

Underground - Eleasis 2nd - Page 10 B1122a91e11841fbbc2f157aaf4c584c

As you take a look around to see if everything is all right, you catch movement out of the corner of your eyes. All four of the statues stare at you. The statue of the king looks up, and a translucent apparition steps forward. he speaks in a strong but somehow distant voice, smiling warmly.

"Thank you, my friends. It is good to see that heroism remains in this world. My time to return is not now, but it might be soon."
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Underground - Eleasis 2nd - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 2:07 pm

"It is our duty to the people of this land to bring justice. We of Rockhammer Hold hope to inspire heroism in the Marches," Umberto bows.
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Underground - Eleasis 2nd - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 2:23 pm

"I am delighted to hear that, for that is what inspired me in my time. My name is Theron, but that is no matter, for my time is past. The name you need to know is Holt Burukhan. I heard that scoundrel" - the king gestures toward the body of Xeron - "refer to something called Dreadlord Holt Burukhan, and while I do not know who or what that is I know that it is evil. It must not triumph!"
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Underground - Eleasis 2nd - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 2:41 pm

"It was our investigation into the Dreadlord that led us hear, we will continue our endeavors."
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Underground - Eleasis 2nd - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 2:47 pm

King Theron reaches down into a sarcophagus and through its bottom. When his hand emerges, it holds a black longsword that glows a silvery light.

"This weapon, Merthuvial," he says, "once helped me save a kingdom. May it aid you in your heroics and serve as thanks from a forgotten king."

After handing you the sword, the apparition disappears, as do the lifelike images on the other statues. The quiet of stone and death pervade the area the light of themagic blade shining brightly.

DM Question - who gets the sword?
Back to top Go down
Brick

Brick

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-07-25

Character Sheet
Name:
Level:
Race/Class:

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Underground - Eleasis 2nd - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 2:48 pm

Tatyl gasps, "Merthuvial means 'Kingmaker' in Celestial."
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Underground - Eleasis 2nd - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 2:55 pm

"Well, crap, none of us use long swords.... If it comes to mere ownership, I would say Kreg or myself, unless others have issues with that. Many monks have been known to wield similar blades, I would be willing to learn. It would also seem other responsibilities might be connected to the blade."
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Underground - Eleasis 2nd - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 4:54 pm

DM Note - of course, the ownership of this sword must go to a PC. It is actually a Weapon of Legacy, which means it will level up like a character would, and reveal new powers. I would encourage you all to do some research on this weapon when you return to the stronghold (I don't know if you remember the place, it's been such a long time).

Also Lou brings up a good idea. Don't let your class dictate whether or not you can take Merthuvial. Heck, even sorcerers and wizards and weild long sword (thanks 3rd edtion!).

I almost want to say that the weilder of Merthuvial should be the permanent President of Rock Hammer Hold, but I don't think that would be mandatory. One might look at the poltical structure of Rock Hammer Hold like England. The King is the King in name (weilder of Merthuvial) but the political decisions are dictated by the Prime Minister (president of Merthuvial).
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Underground - Eleasis 2nd - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 11:19 am

"Very well, let us search these bodies, restore what we can of the tomb, retrieve the body of Vadania, talk to the people of Wageton, and head home." The monk solemnly begins to look over the body of Xeron, looking for treasure or further clues to his evil or connection to the Dreadlord. He looks across his companions faces, and stops on the half-orc. "I think we need to talk."
Back to top Go down
Sam the DM
Admin
Sam the DM

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Underground - Eleasis 2nd - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 2:44 pm

First of all, big congrats to finishing this adventure! cheers We started this back in late June. This was before I was married, but Lou moved to apartment #2 in Chicago, and back when Wil had tonsils! Wow!

On the bodies around the room you'll find the masterwork greataxe that Jeroog dropped.

On Xeron you'll find:

• +1 Spear
  • Wand of Magic Missiles (3rd level, 13 charges)
  • Ring of Protection +1
  • Map of the tomb complex

The four broken sarcophagi contain the skeltal remains of the four statues depicted in this room. You do your best to restore them to their proper states.

I went through the three days of adventuring and totaled what you earned. Money wise you came up with 1,364 gp in the tombs, and another 200 gp each (total of 600 gp) as a reward from Mayor Cato June. So that is a total of 1,964 gp to divy up. You will earn XP for the 1,964 but you'll need to decide what shares the NPCs get, what amount goes to the keep, and how much the rest of you split.

Here is a list of magical items you found in the tombs. Some of it has been claimed already, but I don't think all of it had been. Anyways, here it is:

• +1 studded leather
  • Ephod of Authority (Kregnok)
  • Bracers of Armor +1 (Umberto)
  • +1 Rapier
  • Quiver of Ehlonna (Althalus)
  • +1 Flail
  • Wand of Magic Missile #1 (Tatyl)
  • Amulet of Natural Armor (Umberto)
  • +1 Composite Bow (+3 STR)
  • Heward's Handy Haversack (Umberto)
  • Phylactery of Faithfulness (Kregnok)
  • +1 Spear
  • Wand of Magic Missiles #2 (3rd level, 13 charges)
  • Ring of Protection +1
  • Map of the tomb complex

Like I said, some of this stuff may have already been claimed. So if you have something on this list, chime in and let us all know you already have it.

Now, let' discuss Merthuvial. I have some more details about it.

The typical wielder of Merthuvial is a good-aligned character who has some fighting skill. It is most useful to a character interested in developing leadership and Charisma-based skills.

Requirements:
Any non-evil except chaotic neutral
Base attack bonus: +2
Diplomacy 2 ranks

Also (I know, this is a long post), but wit and courage have served thee well for thou has been promoted to the next level!!!! Welcome to 4th level characters! Don't forget to update your character sheet in this forum and let me know what changes to your character sheet (+1 ability point).

Couple of other things to think about. What to do with Leera? Are we going to have a conversation with Syvgar now?
Underground - Eleasis 2nd - Page 10 Tn_102713_jpg

Last edited by on Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Underground - Eleasis 2nd - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 3:19 pm

Loot-

I am currently holding/wearing-

-Handy Haversack
-Bracers of Armor +1
-Amulet of Natural Armor +1

I am interested in the sword, just throwing that out there.

I say we ask Leera if she wants to join us, she can. As for Syvgar, I think we need to have conversation before we leave the tomb.
Back to top Go down
Wil

Wil

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Underground - Eleasis 2nd - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 3:27 pm

Loot: I believe I had the phylactery as well, and I know there were some other masterwork items we had discussed bringing along to fill our coffers with at home.

Kregnok will gladly allow Umberto the sword.

Leera is certainly welcome to join us, and we should speak with Syvgar before we depart.

Regarding the coin, Kregnok will suggest an even split, with an additional share for the keep, and an additional share to split between Vadania and Leera (I understand Vadania's deceased, but the offer remains, since she was involved with this quest.)
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Underground - Eleasis 2nd - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 3:40 pm

I agree with the even split, Vadania's share could go to Leera I suppose. In the end the monk will the give his Wageton portion back to them, these people are freaking poor.

Loot we are not using could go to our guards or we could see the stuff at the store...whichever you all think is best.
Back to top Go down
Wil

Wil

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Underground - Eleasis 2nd - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 3:48 pm

Yes, we can figure that out when we return home. Kregnok will also follow the monk's path and return his portion of the Wageton dividend to Cato, upon returning topside, which will be after our conversation with Syvgar, as I can feel the DM attempting to reign us back in to the here and now. Razz
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Underground - Eleasis 2nd - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 3:58 pm

The conversation with Syvgar should happen before we leave, if we need him to, or if he desires to continue the spying, we need to make it look like he is our prisoner, in my opinion. We should hear what he has to say.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Underground - Eleasis 2nd - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 4:54 pm

Syvgar takes a long look at the body of Xeron and shakes his head, "That....thing was crazy!"

Syvgar exhales and slides down the wall to sit on the floor, he seems exhausted, mentally and physically. A smirk appears on his face, "Man, I'm glad to see you guys."
Back to top Go down
Wil

Wil

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Underground - Eleasis 2nd - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 11:35 am

Tell us what has brought you here, Syvgar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Underground - Eleasis 2nd - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 1:14 pm

Syvgar stares at the body of Xeron, "Those are terrible and wicked people," the half-orc shivers visibly, "I'm glad it's over."

Syvgar zones out for a moment then remembers your question. "I met the Dreadlord at the strange rock formation I saw in my dream the night before. I felt…paralyzed when I saw him. He was dressed in his black armor, an icy cold wind picked up and dark clouds gathered overhead. Thunder rumbles in the skies and the smell of ozone abounds…”

(Althalus would know that there were no storms that morning he dropped Syvgar off near the meeting point)

“… and then I found myself on an altar, surrounded by others of the Order of Bane. The Dreadlord stood over me with a look of disdain on his face. I feared he knew my secret. He held a jeweled dagger above me and spoke words I could not understand. He slashed open my belly and pulled my innards out. I screamed out in pain as I…died.”

“I woke later to the sounds of him,” he points to Xeron, “shouting. I reached down to feel the wounds by found no evidence of it, although I was very sore.”

“I looked up and saw Xeron arguing with Krootad about payment. We were in some underground ruins. Krootad wanted more money for turning his back against his own god to serve the Dreadlord and Bane. Xeron said something to the hobgoblin cleric and then Krootad’s head hit his chest. I don’t know what that…thing said to him but he immediately knew his place. Fear came over me, how powerful must the Dreadlord be to have such influence over others.”

“Before I knew it we were on the move. It was nighttime and we descended down the hills of the mountains towards Wageton. We were a formidable group. Xeron, myself, the halfling, a pet choker, his runehound, a human named Teryl, and her” he points at Leera.

“Krootad’s gang consisted of two wolf skeletons, an ogre zombie, a few hobgoblin fighters, Garjuk the wererat, a goblin rogue, and several varags. Although I was never told directly, I later learned that we were on a mission to recover something very valuable for the Dreadlord in an ancient tomb.”

“Xeron was under very strict orders not to disturb the locals as the Dreadlord didn’t want to attract attention. We spent two days at the statue in the woods digging a hole, that according to the map Xeron had, would lead to the underground tomb. When we entered, we started our venture towards the graveyard in Wageton. Xeron lost control when the varags started looting the vaults for whatever treasure they could find. Krootad and his followers stumbled upon the mourners and quickly killed them, and then turned them into zombies. Xeron was furious. He knew it was just a matter of time before the locals would knew what happened. Xeron told Krootad to set up ‘discouragement’ for those who might investigate and even locked the little girl in a vault to further delay any possible pursuers.”

“Xeron turned our attention back to the mission, promising richer loot elsewhere. As we delved deeper into the complex, our progress slowed considerably. Magic and traps protected chambers deeper in the tomb. As a result, we suffered injuries and had to stop to recuperate several times.”

“The relationship between Xeron and Krootad became more strained. I sometimes think it has something to do with the fact that we were no longer in proximity to the Dreadlord that made the cleric…bolder. Eventually Krootad split and took with him his undead while Xeron pushed the rest of us deeper into the tombs.”

“When we arrived here in this room Xeron became very frustrated, partly because you guys were breathing down his neck, and partly because he couldn’t find that” Syvgar points to Merthuvial. Panicked, Xeron had us start to break our way into that secret tunnel” Syvgar points to the small hole, “Apparently the Dreadlord gave Xeron explicit instructions not to use it. Then again, he told him that failure was not an option. When the hole was big enough, Xeron sent the halfling and the goblin into it with a good deal of loot. When you arrived, we were working on widening it.”

(DM Note: don’t worry about the halfling and goblin and chasing them down. This dungeon crawl adventure is at its end)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Underground - Eleasis 2nd   Underground - Eleasis 2nd - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Underground - Eleasis 2nd
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next